No post today then?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
fairweathergardener

Re: No post today then?

Post by fairweathergardener »

This is a shambles. A friends headmaster told them that he'd spoken to schools and that the results all would e posted on thurs. so people should have got some results today. The fact hat Ribston aren't posting theirs till today is awful. And Dixon has nothing, not even a Pates letter in their mail...is that right? So another restless nights sleep on the cards. This is far worse than "not being able to rely on the email system"!
StJamesDad

Post by StJamesDad »

I guess Pates could email today.
Dixon

Post by Dixon »

To confirm I've had my post this morning and no mail from Pates, Marling or Crypt.
Bigmamma

Post by Bigmamma »

Just had post. Only letter from STRS confirming yesterday's email.
PaterGloucester

Post by PaterGloucester »

The confirmation letter from STRS came in today's post (basically a print out of yesterday's email). But nothing else...
Vio125

Post by Vio125 »

Pates are apparently emailing all the results today. HSFG are posting all the results today.
ramanda43

Post by ramanda43 »

Hi I had my post today and nothing from either Ribston or HSFG. Starting to get really nervous. Good luck to all waiting. :)
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Until a couple of years ago, the schools had three or four weeks to mark the exams, check the results, standardise the scores, share them with other schools and then mail-merge the letters. Now they only have a week - it's a lot of work for them to do and I'm sure you would all prefer accuracy over speed.

I must ask the question "when did the information given out by the schools / Shire Hall say you would receive the results?". As far as I am aware the letters should all arrive on the same day - I heard rumours once of an arrangement with Royal Mail to ensure that even though the letters were posted on Friday, they were not delivered until the Monday (which was the official results day).

Yes, I do remember waiting with nervous expectation to get the envelopes, and some did arrive earlier than expected (Saturday rather than Monday), so you all have my sympathy.
Capers
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Capers, The way it has been handled this year is what upsets me, you are as usual correct, the official date 'to be informed by' is monday. But the fact that schools have apparently not acted as one is a bit naughty in my opinion.. I don't think anyone would argue that waiting just over a week is too long... And I'm sure we all appreciate the efforts being made to let us know at the earliest opportunity. ( after all it was only a few years ago that you played russian roulette and waited till March)
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

I remember the Russian roulette days with my eldest.....
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now