car share-Stonehouse to Sir Thomas Rich's

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hiislo

car share-Stonehouse to Sir Thomas Rich's

Post by hiislo »

Our son got a place in Sir Thomas Rich's from September 2013 , is there anyone from around Stonehouse wanting to car share?
Dixon

Re: car share-Stonehouse to Sir Thomas Rich's

Post by Dixon »

We live in the Stroud area and ruled tommies out due to the travelling. Most go to marling for obvious reasons, Crypt is reasonably easy to get to and there are enough students to make a bus worthwhile to run to Pates. The location of Tommies from Stroud/Stonehouse will put most off. The traffic through Gloucester everyday is horrendous!
Dixon

Post by Dixon »

I have now seen on your other post why you are going to tommies. Did you get a reply from Crypt? It's so much easier to get to.
hiislo

Post by hiislo »

My child failed the in year admission test at Marling! STR offered him a place from result he took at Pate. I was going to appeal to Marling but decided not to. Not too bad if use the M5 which takes under half an hour to get to the school. I am looking for parent wanting to car share or taxi share. Taxi company said will cost £10 daily, it worked out £2.50 per child, maximum 4 children. I think its reasonable enough. Just hope there are enough children from Stonehouse area will consider.
hiislo

Post by hiislo »

Looked into the coach service from Stroud to STR. Not sure if I want to commit to pay for the whole year. My child loved after school activities, there will be extra cost for transport! I think I will have to be a taxi driver for another 3 years at least. When he is old enough to get the bus............
hiislo

Post by hiislo »

Did not hear from Crypt. Took the offer from STR after reading about the school in details. My son likes the idea there is Japanses club :)
Dixon

Post by Dixon »

Well done to you and DS for getting to Tommies, an excellent school. I do though think you will struggle to find others who attend from the area. Too many other similar alternatives which are easier to get to. You will struggle to get there in 30 minutes in the rush hour.
dr.watson

Post by dr.watson »

have you seen this? http://www.coaches-direct.com/sir-thomas-riches/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

Thanks Dr Watson, we currently car share but this may be an option for next year.
hiislo

Post by hiislo »

Dear Red, do you car share from Stonehouse to STR?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now