Any more results...please post here

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
fairweathergardener

Any more results...please post here

Post by fairweathergardener »

If any of you would like to post your results for inclusion on the spreadsheets and haven't done so either to me directly or in any one of the previous threads anywhere on this forum for Gloucestershire, please post them here. Gosh that was a long sentence! If you're wondering why we are after your results...they are really helpful for future years, especially for those in twilight zones/waiting lists/ranking positions, wondering if their child will be likely to get a place at any given school come allocation day.

Thanks
Vio125

Re: Any more results...please post here

Post by Vio125 »

Hi, it's great that you have offered to compile the table of results. When do you anticipate being able to post the table ? and how many results do you have in total and split between girls and boys?

Just reading through random results that have been posted and comparing them with last year, it would seem that the differential in scores between STRS and Crypt and HSFG and RH are not as large as they were last year. Not sure if this means more people shared results with all schools or different standardisation applied?

Thanks
fairweathergardener

Post by fairweathergardener »

Hi, looking at the scores, I would say, and that's just my poor tired brain trying to get my head around them, that the differential is even wider actually. For example, last year we know that Tommies score of 234 was in Pates 120 and 237 was the last Denmark score we know to be in the 120. This year, the figures look more likely to be around 243 being the lowest Denmark score into the 120 and tommies, the lowest result we know for sure being in 120 is 239 as 236 gave a place of 148th ranking. So its got to be around 237, I reckon.
So, the cohorts are obviously different, but maybe, as my theory goes for this year, the boys found the tests harder than the girls. Just a theory.
An interesting thing I also have realised, from a group of people I know personally, out of 12 Pates passes, three quarters were pre Xmas birthdays and only 3 were boys. Totally random, but I'd love to know if this is indicative of the overall results this year. Ie favouring older in the year girls. Ooohh!

...and aiming to send the spreadsheet to one of the moderators for insertion tomorrow, after I've ensured it's in the format required.
livviloo

Post by livviloo »

My DD is in the top 120 and is April birthday. Also we know more boys in the top 180 than girls although equal numbers in top 120. As far as I know they are pretty evenly spread through the year.
Thank you for all your hard work collecting this data. I would love a copy of your spreadsheet.
Nomore11+

Post by Nomore11+ »

SHS top 120
HSFG 233. ( 110 +123)
August b'day
matty1

Post by matty1 »

HSFG 207
Ribston 216
Not in Pates 120
Oct bday

Thanks
The Ems

Post by The Ems »

Hi - I tried to PM last week but don't think I can have been successful as can't see DD1's results on spreadsheet so will post here:-

RHHS 223 (first test 112, second test 111)
HSFG 212 (first test 107, second test 105)
SHS 224 (ranked 222)

She is a July birthday.

This site has been a great source of information and it is is very good of you to compile the statistics - I'm sure it will be of help to many people in the future.
GI73

Post by GI73 »

Top 120 Pates
HSFG 245
RHHS 255
Top 120 SHS
July Birthday
GLmum

Post by GLmum »

Think this might be useful for the results table as my daughter in top 120 for Stroud with lower scores than on the table.

In top 120 for Stroud but not in top 180 for Pates.
HSFG 226
Ribston 237

This is the first time I have posted so hope it works!
Riverfifty

Post by Riverfifty »

STR 208
The Crypt 113.5
Marling ranked 202 Pass

August birthday

Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now