scorings

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
naivemum

scorings

Post by naivemum »

I am not sure if I am being dim, my brain certainly feels it these last few weeks, but if the standardisation is different this year, ie last year 237 scored Pates 120 this year it is much higher - Does that mean that the score to be offered a place at STRS or the other grammars may be higher ie 215 plus? or.... is it the reverse??

I only ask as DS is in twighlight zone of 217 for STRS!!

Help!
stroudydad

Re: scorings

Post by stroudydad »

The 'easy' answer is that no it doesn't necessarily mean that. (by the way there were some STRS 233/234s in the Pate's top 120 last year) but on the other hand it could be roughly indicative..
A couple of things to consider include:
1. The girls in the Pate's cohort will have an effect
2. Nobody knows how Pate's worked their rankings this year, number 160 used to be scored at 240, and people below got a score for information. But this year they have ranked 180 so some change must have taken place...

I guess we'll find out in march:-(
fairweathergardener

Re: scorings

Post by fairweathergardener »

My fuzzy brain trying to get around this too. I can only think it might mean that the scoring was made tougher this year because the test was easier? Which means that the scores are relative and if 215 got in last year, then it will have been more difficult to achieve that this year therefore it should make it easier to get in to tommies with that same 215 score. Or does it? I'm confusing myself....
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now