Scary Forum?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
livviloo

Re: Scary Forum?

Post by livviloo »

Superflygirl wrote:Definitely scary :D . I do believe that people may be intimidated by the wealth of knowledge that a few of you have on here regarding the education system but personally what scares me most is my addiction to the forum. A year has passed since my DS1 sat the test and another 7 til DS2 sits it and I still find myself lurking on a daily basis - mmmm very scary :wink:
wish there was a like button
Cup of tea

Post by Cup of tea »

Cup of tea wrote:
livviloo wrote:really? the scariest?

...off to join other forums now I am "hardened" and know I will cope.... :wink:
So I've been told....!!!
Aargh - my husband has just read this post and said "why are you adding innuendo to your post?" None intended.....reply was to the scariest forum bit......nothing else. That is genuine problem with posts and not real dialogue I suppose :?
Off to bed - it's been a very long day!
livviloo

Post by livviloo »

lol. me too. i missed this. i'm far too innocent
Last edited by livviloo on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

Personally I have never found this forum scary. Thought provoking, informative, helpful, aggravating, supportive, friendly, full of people with strong opinions and fun.
I also spend many a time rewriting when I post and I am terrified of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors (of which I make many :D).
I think that this forum is great and will probably still be around in three years time when DD transfers to secondary. Then we will be into GCSE etc....
I can see how people do find us a scary bunch though as we do have some interesting discussions.
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

I've been around for some time, and suspect that as I hear so many appeals (4 more today) tend to be cynical at times - in my private views I should add. When I'm actually doing the appeals I treat each one as if its the first appeal I've heard, with no prejudice, and listen with interest, ask the questions without expecting a certain answer.

I can often guess the likely outcome of appeals if everything is mentioned here, but do my best not so discourage so the parents give it their best shot; of course, it's difficult without knowing what the other appeals will be at the same school, but I have a fairly high success rate.

What slightly peeves me is when the same question is asked several times in several topics (and even several forums (or should that be fora?)). The more its asked, the blunter I get. Luckily it doesn't happen often.

People who don't stay for long may not have had the answer they want from us :-(
Capers
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Where's that 'like' button?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

When I saw the title of the thread I thought I might have done something wrong :oops:
scary mum
PaterGloucester

Post by PaterGloucester »

The scariest things are the spelling mistakes certain posters make. They really puss me off.
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

edited because this forum is too scaaaarrryyy :lol:
Last edited by FluffyCat on Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fishz

Post by Fishz »

OK i have just joined so I can reply to this post. Though to be fair I have been meaning to join for a long time but have found I have just lurked instead. I only just found this forum on the day of the exam so thought it was probably too late to get much help from. I now know that was wrong and wish I had joined back then, as the days between the exam and the results arriving you all did keep me relatively sane, so thank you, thank you so much.

So back to the question from a lurkers point of view, no I don't find this forum scary at all. Everyone seems really nice with just the general forum type bantar taking place between people who I guess I have known each other online for a while. Maybe if someone has never spent time on a forum they might think eek but scary, nope.

Oh and finally, hello and thanks again. :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now