Marling or Crypt?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

alfa85

Marling or Crypt?

Post by alfa85 »

I am really struggling to make a decision on which to put first on the form. They both seem excellent, although Crypt seems to have the edge re the latest Ofsted report and really seems to be 'going places'. Also its sporting facilities seem to be brilliant. I know quite a few people with boys at Marling who are happy but do not know anyone who goes to Crypt. I would appreciate any feedback on Crypt as is seems that it may be on the up whilst Marling is a steady ship? :?:
neveragain*

Re: Marling or Crypt?

Post by neveragain* »

My DS is in year 7 at crypt. We couldn't be happier, a broad currciculumn including lots drama and music, excellent pastoral care and lovely boys. This first half term holiday he has seen 5 new friends socially and is feeling confident and happy.
Academically it is a strong school and I am impressed with the interesting homework he has been doing.
He has begun to love English and maths which always strong, has gone from strength to strength. The staff are lovely and I have. Friend who teaches there, she says there is genuine good feeling in the staff room and many friendships in the school, with a lovely supportive head.
If you want any particular Info do pm. Have A DD at SHS with lots friends at Marling so do have some Info there too.
Good luck! Of course, we are so lucky with all these excellent schools. X
Slimbridge

Post by Slimbridge »

Crypt is such a great school for accademic and pastoral care. 100% of 2011 boys got 5 or more GCSE's including eng and maths. 52% of boys gained 5 or more A* at GCSE. You have the option to help out (if you have time) in the uniform shop during Monday afternoon's (rota) so you could still be a part of the school life. As well as, the boys are given plenty of bonding opportunities to make friendships. I was asked once if there were any negative aspects of the Crypt-the dining room que is not great so bring sandwiches!
Alice in Underland

Post by Alice in Underland »

My DS is at Marling and perfectly happy there.
I would make the decision based on where you live and which school it is easiest to get to.
Over the years you will spend many hours driving to school to pick up after sports, deliver forgotten kit and instruments. if you want to be integerated into the life of the school consider ease of access !
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now