Transport from Tewkesbury to The Crypt

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bigmamma

Transport from Tewkesbury to The Crypt

Post by Bigmamma »

Does anyone's DS travel from Tewkesbury to the Crypt. If so would anyone be interested in lift share or is there any transport available?
Pottscentral

Re: Transport from Tewkesbury to The Crypt

Post by Pottscentral »

Yes, we'd be very interested to hear of anyone travelling from Tewkesbury area and lift sharing/bus arranging possibilities. I'll PM you.
Riverfifty

Post by Riverfifty »

Have pm'd you re travel from Tewkesbury.
Theosmum

Post by Theosmum »

My son is currently in Year 7 at Crypt and uses public transport from Tewkesbury for part of the week in the mornings, and for most of the week to return home. I would be happy to get together with any parents,with children travelling to Crypt or Ribston, who are thinking of organising a bus. I know personally of a number of children from Tewkesbury and the surrounding villages who will be accepting places at these schools, so a mini bus might be viable. Please feel free to PM me.
Congratulations to all of your children who have received the news they wanted this morning!
budgiegirl

Post by budgiegirl »

Sounds like there might be quite a few going from the Tewkesbury area this year, which is great! Theosmum, my son is in year 7, and is also from Tewkesbury, he knows your son, but is not in his class. It will be great for the new year 7's if there are a few more from this neck of the woods going.
Pottscentral

Post by Pottscentral »

I've just emailed Crypt and Ribston asking if they could let me know of anyone enquiring about transport from Tewkesbury. Will keep everyone informed via this post unless anyone can think of an easier way!
ysezmo

Post by ysezmo »

I know of a parent who has arranged own transport to STRS from the cleeve/Gotherington and outer village area. Much cheaper than the other bus company too. They filled a 60 seater too. Maybe we need to make a list of who, when and where and sort a service out ourselves? What are people's thoughts on this?
Pottscentral

Post by Pottscentral »

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any other thoughts about arranging a bus to Ribston and Crypt or if anyone has made any enquiries to bus companies yet? I wondered if it would be worth me (or someone else if they want to take it on :) ) setting up an email address. just for people to forward expressions of interest, so we can get an idea of the numbers we might have and where they would need to travel from? The email address could be forwarded on to both schools for them to pass on to parents who enquire direct with the schools.

What do you all think?
Bigmamma

Post by Bigmamma »

Hi I was at Crypt today and spoke to the secretary. She is happy to send out an email to existing students who can then make contact if they are interested in transport. 'Pottscentral' do you want to set up an email address (I am happy to do it if you don't want to) and then let me know it to send to the Crypt. As anyone got any links with Ribston who can do the same?

We could also post the email address on here?

I am happy to call around bus/minibus providers, will be a bit patchy at the mo til we get numbers of people interested.
Pottscentral

Post by Pottscentral »

Bigmamma wrote:Hi I was at Crypt today and spoke to the secretary. She is happy to send out an email to existing students who can then make contact if they are interested in transport. 'Pottscentral' do you want to set up an email address (I am happy to do it if you don't want to) and then let me know it to send to the Crypt. As anyone got any links with Ribston who can do the same?

We could also post the email address on here?

I am happy to call around bus/minibus providers, will be a bit patchy at the mo til we get numbers of people interested.
I'm happy to set up the email and co-ordinate responses Bigmamma. I'll PM you. I've just had an email from Sue at The Crypt who said they haven't had enquiries about transport as yet but they have a couple of boys from Tewkesbury in school at the moment and a few due in September. She is going to speak to the Deputy Head to see if it is something they can look at for the future and may have some information for the parents' evening later in the year or earlier if possible.

If I get this email set up then hopefully it will provide the information on numbers for the two schools to work with and give everyone one point of contact for the time being.