Pate's Scouts

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
livviloo

Pate's Scouts

Post by livviloo »

Pate's have there own scout troop meeting after school in the outdoor education department. It has just started up this year and is fantastic ( they won the shield at distric camp this year) and very well run by an experienced scout and outdoor ed leader. They take boys and girls from age 10 and a half.
I have been told that they will take any children who are in the top 120, in current year 6, and have put Pate's down first on their CAF ( ie they are likely to be joining in year 7) even if they are not quite 10 and a half yet.
So if your DC is interested in joining scouts or just wants to have a taste of the school before they start please PM me and I will give you details.
Livs
StJamesDad

Re: Pate's Scouts

Post by StJamesDad »

Thanks, that sounds interesting.
livviloo

Post by livviloo »

By the way I will put this post up again after allocations day for those on the waiting list who can then join from summer term.
livviloo

Post by livviloo »

As promised I have reposted on this thread.
If anyone is interested in their child joining scouts and now has confirmation that they are going to Pate's in Sept they are welcome to join the Pate's scout troop before starting at the school. Its is open to boys and girls and has 2 male and 2 female leaders(both husband and wife teams who are very experienced)
The scouts themselves have set up a website, currently just photos and contact details, so have a look.

http://thirdcheltenhamscouts.weebly.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fishz

Post by Fishz »

I know my daughter is interested in joining the Scouts. What day and time do they meet?
livviloo

Post by livviloo »

They meet at 5 pm on Monday. Pickup at 6.30. When they are at the school they hang around doing homework etc for 1 hour before scouts. The email address to contact is on the website
Livviloo
Fishz

Post by Fishz »

Thank you. She is quite excited about the hanging around doing homework as well.