STRS new intake 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sally-Anne

Re: STRS new intake 2013

Post by Sally-Anne »

littlebaker wrote:fizzy_pop, thanks for bringing this topic back to the subjects that really matter to the forum users :)
:D
Even sell up

Post by Even sell up »

Off-topic post removed.

Amber

Post by Amber »

fizzy_pop wrote:Just wondering if anyone else if thinking about letting their DS take the bus to the induction day on Jul 4 or whether that will be a step too far before September. I would have packed my DS off with the kids over the road but they will need to get there earlier. If he is the only one getting the bus from Cheltenham he'll be upset but if there are a few it seems like a good chance to get to know a few more faces in advance.
I think if they take the bus there's a fair bit of hanging round as the new ones finish early as I recall. I doubt much bonding would go on on that one journey tbh and I think I wouldn't recommend it when the children are a bit apprehensive anyway. Just my opinion - maybe share a lift or take him yourself, just that once.
katieglos

Post by katieglos »

We went to the blazer fitting excellent - lots of good information and very helpful and practical - met year 7 head very good - Y7 induction sounds first class - very very impressed
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Ditto previous comments on Matthew Morgan, with him as head I think there will be a huge improvement in the pastoral support at the school. He taught PSHE and was also the SEN co-ordinator and with hindsight when looking for a good school these are the areas I would be looking at.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now