CEM Tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Red

CEM Tests

Post by Red »

We've just received an email stating that the Glos grammars are reviewing the CEM tests for 11+ entry and Pate's is piloting them with half of the current Y7 to 'inform their thinking'. The email states that Pate's is doing this along with other grammars, various possibilities are being explored and that no change will be made to the Admissions Policy this year.

Red
thisandthat3

Re: CEM Tests

Post by thisandthat3 »

Just got that too. When they say no change to the policy this year do you think they are talking about no change to 2013 September entry or 2014? Makes quite a big difference to us as DS2 will be taking test in October.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

If there was any change to the test for September 2013 they would need to have announced it already because the required consultation period runs from the start of January until 1st March. They are therefore referring to the 2014 test.
thisandthat3

Post by thisandthat3 »

Thank you Sally-Anne.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

We have today received a letter from Marling saying that DS is one of the Marling boys selected to trial the CEM tests, on 16th january
pjb2509

Post by pjb2509 »

Daughter has been selected for SHS as well - so all Grammers in area look to be invovlved
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Yup - DD said one of her friends at RHHS has been picked to try the test out too.
littlebaker

Post by littlebaker »

Sorry to ask a silly question but what are CEM tests? And what do you experienced guys think the changes might be. I have a DS due to take the test this October and a DD due to take it in 2 years and now I'm more worried than ever :shock:
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Hi LB, as has been mentioned above, it would be quite extraordinary for any changes to happen for this October's test, especially as they are already advertising it as a GL Assesment VR test. There is lots of information about the Durham CEM test on the Birmingham page.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

littlebaker wrote:Sorry to ask a silly question but what are CEM tests? And what do you experienced guys think the changes might be. I have a DS due to take the test this October and a DD due to take it in 2 years and now I'm more worried than ever :shock:
I think your DS will take the NFER VR tests that have been used in the past but your DD may well take the CEM test. There is a lot of converstation on the Bucks site as they are in the consultation stage.