After school care at Gloucestershire primary schools?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

totally_gutted

Re: After school care at Gloucestershire primary schools?

Post by totally_gutted »

I know you said preferably nearer to Stroud, but have you considered Quedgeley/Hardwicke?

There is transport to Ribston via Stagecoach bus 862 and several primaries in the area (Hardwicke, Field Court, Meadowside, Beech Green and Kingsway) plus a brand new second primary opening in Kingsway in Sept 2013 which surely would have spaces for both your younger ones (Waterwells Primary - http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/kingsway2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). You are also only 5 minutes from J12 of M5 so easy access to Stroud jobwise (I used to occasionally have to take DD to SHS when she missed bus, and could get there in 20-25 minutes........... actually scrap "occasionally", replace with "frequently"!)

Beech Green definitely has after school/holiday club and I have a feeling that Meadowside may as well. My own children went to Hardwicke and to an independent afterschool club which collected/transported to own premises but not sure if they are still running)

Hope you get something sorted :)
California_Kate

Post by California_Kate »

Thanks totally_gutted, I'll look into that. We're not absolutely set on Stroud, but know it better than Gloucester. Good to get some inside knowledge, thank you!

And thanks stroudydad for the sleuthing...
Alice in Underland

Post by Alice in Underland »

Kate, welcome back to the Forum and to Gloucestershire !

I am not sure that Hardwick/Quedgely would suit your family.... Can PM you on that.

Any more progress on Stroud Primaries ? St Dominics in S Woodchester have an after school club. And you should visit Nailsworth which is on the up and up.

If you do think about living in Gloucester then Abbeydale, Upton St Leonards and the area round the reservoir are nice housing areas. You would have to investigate the primary schools.

"Älice"
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

I can certainly recommend Hucclecote as a place to live. There is a new development at Coopers Edge which has a new school so likely to be places. I am not sure I would live there long term as the housing is pretty dense though there but it might be OK as a place to rent to get your bearings. There are 2 other good schools in Hucclecote - DS and DD went to 1 of them and hve done well and moving on to GS. Both have breakfast clubs and have an off site after school club.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Spike to a randwick parent last night, she informs me there is no full time after school club at randwick. Its a lovely little village though..(as are many around the area)
California_Kate

Post by California_Kate »

Thanks for the recommendation, DC17C. And for the info on Randwick, stroudydad. All much appreciated!
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Would also say my DD is in current Yr7 at Ribston and DS will be in Yr7 at Crypt this September. DD uses the Number 10 Stagecoach bus service to get to school along with quite a few friends.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now