Registration now open

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
NancyB

Re: Registration now open

Post by NancyB »

muddywaters wrote:need to say I feel gutted with all the discussion of the VR system in Glos changing as I've just got my head round it all and DS3 is due to take next October- Is everyone certain it's going to change- to CEM test done in Kent- is what I've heard???
If the rumours are true, then everyone will be in the same boat.

Tutors will take some time to change what they're teaching, so there will be less advantage to being tutored for at least one year.

If your DS2 is bright, he'll have a good chance of passing. After all, the Kent schools are all full of bright children!
ofsoundmind

Post by ofsoundmind »

Here we go again!
We have registered for the test too. Only 4 weeks to go :shock:
Yet again, will be glad when it's all over.
Good luck everyone x
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

NancyB wrote:
muddywaters wrote:need to say I feel gutted with all the discussion of the VR system in Glos changing as I've just got my head round it all and DS3 is due to take next October- Is everyone certain it's going to change- to CEM test done in Kent- is what I've heard???
If the rumours are true, then everyone will be in the same boat.

Mine is due to sit next October too; it's such a pain, but yes everyone will be in the same boat, so not being too worried.

My dd at Ribston (current year eight) was due to be the first year of the new "O level" type exams which she is OK about. I read today that this is up in the air too and that only certain subjects will be tested this way(English and Maths I think) and the rest will be the current GCSE format. Does anyone else know?

NOTE TO GOVERNMENT, MAKE YOUR FLIPPIN MINDS UP SO THAT WE ALL KNOW OUR BACKSIDES FROM OUR ELBOWS!!!

Sorry, I'm off for a lie down - back to topic. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now