How is everyone else getting on?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
capers123

Re: How is everyone else getting on?

Post by capers123 »

imustbecrazy wrote:Hi Littlebaker
I prefer the comp because the results are really good (cirencester comp)! Though not local it is very near my work, and always under subscribed. We love the feel and grounds of the school too. I also know several people with one child at grammar and other at comp both doing equally well.
Didn't like Ribston -doesn't offer Spanish which is a must for us.
Looked at Pates last week and DD2 didn't like it, haven't looked at HSFG -thinking a little far for travel.
That's the way to do it, in my humble opinion, as every child is different. Just because the child is bright doesn't mean that they'd enjoy all of the grammars as each school has its own look & feel.

For both of ours we put Stroud first & local comp second. We had looked at all the local schools (up to 10 miles radius) and felt that Stroud High was the best fit for their personalities, interests & learning styles. Archway was second choice as for bright children we thought it also works well.

As for 11+ seating, both of ours sat in rooms with friends from school. DD1 found that helpful but best friend of DD2 had a complete meltdown during the first paper which DD2 found very distracting. I don't know what the current arrangements are. Marling, (at least a few years ago) allocated rooms to boys according to surname.
Capers
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now