Where to sit the test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Pinkoddy

Where to sit the test

Post by Pinkoddy »

Hi *waves* - we have left all this a bit late as my son has changed his mind about wanting to try for grammar school.

Ideally he wants to go to Pates (and this is most local) but realistically he knows this isn't going to happen. My older son is at Tommys and so this is a familar environment for him too.

Where would people suggest he takes the test please?

Will wherever he goes give him a score?

Many thanks
steppemum

Re: Where to sit the test

Post by steppemum »

you can sit the test anywhere. But when you fill in the on-line registration form you need to ask for all the schools you are interested in to share the results. This is very important as if you sit at Pates and don't get in, Tommies can only consider you if you have put them on the form.
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

edit
Last edited by FluffyCat on Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

As fluffycat has said, you need to try to make things as easy as possible.. If he knows tommies I would do it there.. Make sure you share though to maximise your options.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Anecdotally, and I do stress that this is all this is, I have heard that it may possibly be a more stressful experience for those who sit at Pates, with high profile meltdowns and crying, and that's just from the staff. And even as I type this, I sense an army of laid back Pates sitters ready to come and tell me what an enjoyable experience it all was, so I don't know why I am bothering really.

Just sit where it's easiest to get to, remembering that PEW becomes a logjam that morning and the police were even there one year to try and control over-zealous parents! The year my son sat at Tommies it was very easy to get in and out and no one seemed very stressed, but maybe that is the same everywhere.
custard

Post by custard »

Does the traffic really get that bad? Is it likely to be bad at Crypt too? Can we park in the school?
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I can only speak for marling/SHS but the roads were very busy.. Though I would advocate parking a little distance from the school anyway... I personally believe a bit of a walk gets the brain working better.
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

edit
Last edited by FluffyCat on Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

custard wrote:Does the traffic really get that bad? Is it likely to be bad at Crypt too? Can we park in the school?
Crypt are pretty good at traffic management from what I have seen do far and yes you will be able to park.
custard

Post by custard »

If the weather's nice we might cycle!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now