How is everyone feeling?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

steppemum

Re: How is everyone feeling?

Post by steppemum »

ds is ecstatic, we have been asked to dog sit his favourite dog this weekend, so all he is concerned about is getting home to a long dog walk. Couldn't have picked a better distraction if we had tried!

ds very relaxed. Just wondering if my attempts to keep it ''just give it your best shot, if it all goes wrong, it isn't the end of the world, there are alternatives'' has been a little to relaxing, a little more adrenaline wouldn't go amiss! (I obviously do care if he passes :D )

I am sure the sight of all those kids on Saturday morning will wind him up enough

(meanwhile I pour a glass of wine and breath deeply)
bewilderedofglos

Post by bewilderedofglos »

Good luck to all DCs sitting the test tomorrow and hope all you parents manage to get some sleep tonight!
willow_catkin

Post by willow_catkin »

Thanks for the good wishes all, stroudydad and neveragain especially as we all went thro it together 2 years ago!

DS dropped off and I am home hitting the chocolate digestives with DD.
imustbecrazy

Post by imustbecrazy »

Ahhh sitting drinking a coffee. Dropped off DD at SHS, it was all very calm, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't seem like too many girls.
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

willow_catkin wrote:Thanks for the good wishes all, stroudydad and neveragain especially as we all went thro it together 2 years ago!

DS dropped off and I am home hitting the chocolate digestives with DD.
I have been helping a couple of friends DC prepare for test, so whilst anxiety nothing like parental levels - I found it hard to sleep last night! Thinking of you all - hope they all come out relaxed as possible. My eldest DD came out grey and really stressed. She ended up being a really exceptionally high scorer! Remember their take on how it went may or may not be accurate! Will be watching this thread with interest, good luck all :D
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I couldnt agree more with Neveragain, DS had been scoring highly in practise but came out and felt he had fluffed it entirely... DD had been so-so in practice and again came out feeling she did 'OK' so you never can tell.
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

Feel like I can get on with my life now - my bit is done, just hope my DD2 is doing herself justice this morning at SHS :D a lot of the stress has gone, regardless of what the postman brings next weekend.
muddywaters

Post by muddywaters »

Queued outside Marling with DS2- feeling fine and not as nervous as with DS1 two years ago!!! But dreading next year and the change in testing as I'd finally got my head round it all for DS3!!!

I know everyone will be in the same boat- that doesn't help!!!! If only it had stayed the same for all 3 of my DC's!!!

Anyway good luck everyone- will be on here next weekend no doubt- feeling sick at the thought!!! :mrgreen: ***
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

hi muddywaters - we were at Marling too. I did have a look round and wondered if anyone from here was there!

We hit Mac Donalds afterwards and it was heaving with 11+ kids!
muddywaters

Post by muddywaters »

Hi Steppemum,

I did exactly the same thing!!! Looking round wondering "Is that Stroudydad????" LOL!! How funny we went to Blossoms for a slap up Chinese and a celebratory- thank goodness that's all over- meal. Thought restaurants looked busy today in town :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now