Feedback

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
GLmum

Re: Feedback

Post by GLmum »

Apologies, gave wrong info in my last post. We received email from pates on the Friday after the test last year. It came just after 1pm (I just checked), letters definitely on the Saturday.
bewilderedofglos

Post by bewilderedofglos »

pixiequeen wrote:DD2 was happy with how it went. Paper 1 harder, missed 5 questions at the end and didn't think there were many she was unsure of (don't want to know exactly how many!) And reckoned she knew all the vocab (now I know that can't be true!).

paper two easy and managed to finish.

She is feeling very confident, which makes me nervous :shock:
Identical from DD, though more like 7 questions completely missed on first paper. Lovely to see her coming out smiling, but seems a bit too confident so I'm worrying what she missed. Better than coming out in tears though I guess.
cheltbornandbred

Post by cheltbornandbred »

ntk - you could also be writing about our ds. He'd also been getting 92-95% in practise and always finished papers with a little time to spend checking. On the first paper he said he was only at Q75 with about a minute to go so hastily randomly guessed the last 10!!! He's really sad and thinks his dreams are over :( He also said that he found the second paper better and finished that ( despite going out to the loo in the middle!) We're wondering whether to start singing the virtues of the local comp - close, with friends and by no means a 'bad' choice. Stress.
keepfaith

Post by keepfaith »

My DD said almost the same.

She thinks the tests were much easier than she thought they would be.

Guessed the last 3 on the hard paper and had 10 minutes to spare on the easy!

Does anyone else think maybe the test was easier than previous years?
kikko4138

Post by kikko4138 »

My dd said the first one was hard and guessed at least 3 and didn't have time to check (ususally finished the practice papers with 15 minutes to spare)but the second was easy and finished well in time.

i don't know about the previous papers as she is the first and the last of my dcs to do the test, but dd said she can't believed they were the real tests as she thought they were relatively easy.
That comment actually worries me though as sometimes things turn up in a different way.
keepfaith

Post by keepfaith »

That's what I'm worried about!
kikko4138

Post by kikko4138 »

I know....I suppoese just wait and see until the end of the week.
I'm trying to keep busy until then, though that doesn't make me forget about it.
just being banned mentioning about the exdam now....
cheltenhammum

Post by cheltenhammum »

DD also missed 5 off first paper but finished second with time to spare. My impression - DS did the test a couple of years ago - is that the papers, particularly Paper 2 was somewhat easier than in previous years. But who knows?

BTW, just in theory - what happens if vast numbers of children get identical marks (e.g. all children from say 90 - 140 all get the same mark?) This is more likely to happen in a slightly easier test, which is what made me idly curious.
rochika_agrawal

Post by rochika_agrawal »

ofsoundmind wrote:On some of the school websites, it states 'by Monday 14th'. When dd took the test a few years ago, we had letters on the Saturday. More recently, I think results have been emailed as early as Thursday/Friday.
Who knows??
Hi, when you say u got the letter on Saturday, are you saying email or the letter in post?
imustbecrazy

Post by imustbecrazy »

Is very interesting how every child felt the same about the test, they can't all pass or all fail, so it wander how they really did?! DD1 took test 3 years ago, had always made 90s in practise papers and came out upset saying both tests were really hard. DD2 this time said paper 1 was harder than any Walsh papers she did! But paper an easy GL! She mentioned one girl came out of 1st paper crying in the break, otherwise no dramas during the test! Quick thought though, both tests marks are merged together for a final mark aren't they? Has anyone in the past had a huge difference in marks between papers 1 & 2?
It was a huge relief she came out smiling.