2013 Discussion

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
steppemum

Re: 2013 Discussion

Post by steppemum »

pinkbananas - sorry completely misread your post - I thought you couldn't work out why you dd had 2 such different scores for 2 schools :oops:
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

anothe CAF form submitted today.
We visited the comp that will be our 2nd choice (only looking at Marling because of transport) It is good, but it also reminded me why I want ds to go to Marling.

Feeling a bit :shock: because we are not definite for Marling and borderline distance wise for our 2nd choice.

Now I just have to forget it all until I see that email on 1st March...
fabmama

Post by fabmama »

Also feeling a bit :shock: Steppemum! Just filled in CAF for dd. It's a long wait til March! Just hoping that dd's 222 will be enough to get her into Ribston.
desmond

Post by desmond »

Would schools give out information on what they expect their cut off point to be this year.
Having decided to put the whole thing to bed until March I was told last night that HSFG cut off was expected to be around 222 this year. (Apparently this has come from a reliable source!) I am now worrying that this would push up the pass mark for Ribston as we are in the twilight zone. I am sure this is just gossip as I would have thought that nothing would be certain until all the applications are in.
I have never been one to wish my life away but March can't come quick enough for me and I am sure many people feel the same.
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

sorry can't help for the girls schools, but Marling said to me (and Crypt said same to another poster) that they have for the past 2 years taken all those who passed, and they expect it to be the same this year.
desmond

Post by desmond »

Thankyou steppemum. I really do need to get a grip and try to forget about it until after christmas atleast.
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

Desmond I am pretty sure what you have heard is just gossip. Like you said, no one actually knows what the cut off will be for each school yet. Each school will try to pass enough children to fill their places but not so many that more than a few will have passed but won't get a place. I'm sure HSFG will be trying to ensure that only the last few (perhaps scores under 215) risk not getting a place. Ribston seem to swing the other way and not pass quite enough girls so unless they have done a complete turn around your DDs score should get her a place easily. Don't forget there are most likely a lot of girls with lower scores than her as there will be several children with the same score.

If it puts your mind at rest, why don't you ring the schools and ask them how many children they passed in comparison to last year?
desmond

Post by desmond »

Thank you pixiequeen. I am visiting the school on Tuesday so will ask then.