Gloucester/Cheltenham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

slackmum

Gloucester/Cheltenham

Post by slackmum »

I have a DS at Pate's Grammar school and am considering a move from the Stroud villages to either Gloucester or Cheltenham. I have a DS in year 4 so would require both a good primary and secondary school for the future. I have a tiny budget for a house. Any advice on potential areas would be much appreciated.
Stressed?Moi?

Re: Gloucester/Cheltenham

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Have you thought of Hatherley? It is about 2 miles from GCHQ/Pates and is in the catchment area for Greatfield Park and Warden Hill primaries (and probably Lakeside). It's in the catchment of Bourneside and (possibly) Chosen Hill senior schools; both of which are good.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I'm from Hatherley!

8)
Amber

Post by Amber »

yoyo123 wrote:I'm from Hatherley!

8)
Well that's a thread-killer! :lol:
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

You could also look at Benhall/Reddings area, depending upon which part you would be in the area for Lakeside Primary and St Marks Junior/Benhall Infants. Secondary is Bournside or Chosen Hill also not far from main routes to Gloucester /town and if DC is going to Gloucester GS then the main bus routes for them.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Amber wrote:

8)
I should add I'm not still there..., just in case I may have depressed house prices....
Amber

Post by Amber »

yoyo123 wrote:
Amber wrote:

8)
I should add I'm not still there..., just in case I may have depressed house prices....
Well if you have it was obviously a millionaires' paradise before.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

8)
Ah, that explains the explosion in Hatherley house prices and also the move to get 800 new houses built there!!!!! :lol:

Back to OP, There's also Churchdown where your DC could get a 94 bus (every 10 minutes) along the Golden Valley which drops outside GCHQ. They are proposing a lot of development there also, so my concern is an increase in traffic, but this will be some way into the future. A catchment of Chosen Hill would be good as it gets good results. Not sure about primaries though.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now