Results 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
steppemum

Re: Results 2014

Post by steppemum »

Just to put the opposite view, we are OOC and won't hear until late on Monday from our council, so you will all have the advantage.
Lancashire lass

Post by Lancashire lass »

Whether in or out of catchment .. My opinion is.... National allocation day should mean EVERYONE should find out on the same day !!!just my opinion :?
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

I agree Lancashire, I am a bit taken aback that councils posted letters on 28th feb with results in. Or that the emails went out over the weekend.
That is why the allocation day was set in the first place.

It will happen again next year, so I wonder if we should complain in some way?
Gladysova

Post by Gladysova »

Ok so not all OOC have heard today but some have - so the point is complete equity is needed here!!!! I'm in GCC and am aware of OCC being notified by post today- national approach needs to be sorted !
11nonplussed

Post by 11nonplussed »

Gladysova I fully agree, think a formal complaint is a good idea. This whole ooc thing is a joke. The county council need to hear it from parents.good for you.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Gladysova wrote:Totally agree it is unfair that OOC applicants have received notification from GCC today via post - albeit a in letter dated 1st march - and received 1st march?! Presumably to cover their backs in the event of a riot?!?!

I am not able to comment on the results of the above mentioned as its not my place to comment on another persons situation so sorry no results and no scores but when I get my DS allocation I will happily share result and preferences!

I am concerned that the results of the admissions or preferences to use correct terminology; are not all released on the same day.
This means that all OOC are at a two day advantage if they need to and wish to appeal.

Agree GCC not treating people with parity here and will be putting in a formal complaint regarding this matter.
If anyone has any advice on this - it would be very welcome!
Roll on Monday !
This is not going to affect appeals or (waiting lists for that matter)- appeals don't get heard for quite a while so there is plenty of time to apply for paperwork etc if needed. Just a lot of frustration for parents when some know and some don't. I think you will be OK for Marling with 223.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I would be amazed if 223 didn't get a marling place, especially as it appears STRS are going somewhere near their pass mark.(if post regarding 213 getting a tommies offer is accurate.)
capers123

Post by capers123 »

I have no inside info on why this has happened, however, I'd like to offer up a logical explanation?

The letters will have been posted on Friday. There is no facility for specifying a particular delivery day with Royal Mail. If they were sent second class, then they could take 3 days to deliver. First class should be delivered next day. However, if they're posted on a Saturday by first class then due to the way Royal Mail operate there is far less chance that they'll be delivered on Monday, especially if delivery is outside the 'local' area (by local, this now means anywhere served by the big outbound sorting office at Bristol).

So it comes down to 'deliver on Saturday or Tuesday'. If they choose to send the letters on Saturday, Shire Hall will have even more 'phone calls to deal with on Monday morning with the anxious out-of-county parents joining the parents panicing because they've not got the school they wanted.

As a minority of parents getting the letters early isn't legally disadvantaging anyone, I suspect that's why they send the letters on Friday.
Capers
twinksy

Post by twinksy »

The most disappointng thing to me is that the allocations are know now and in computer databases. Added to the fact that OOC also know the results. I would suspect they were available on Friday so see no reason why parents and children shouldnt have been given access from midnight on Friday. All too stressful and avoidable with a little thought given to impacts on customers IMO x Hooe ths post does not offend we have just passed for the crypt and so we feel on a knife edge :(
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

They can't really do right for doing wrong - if they open the website then people who don't have access to the internet and/or those who did not register for email notification/applied using a paper version would say it wasn't fair to them! The post is out of their hands - Royal Mail are a law unto themselves! There is no advantage to the small number who know early as no appeals etc move forward until after the acceptance deadline (which is usually a fortnight ahead!!)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now