1st March or 3rd March

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scaredycat

1st March or 3rd March

Post by scaredycat »

I see the admissions portal is saying that offers will be published on 3rd March, presumably as the 1st is a Saturday. I don't recall them mentioning this anywhere else? Not sure when offers were visible last year, is it likely to be any earlier than the 3rd?
steppemum

Re: 1st March or 3rd March

Post by steppemum »

Hi scaredy
I have been lurking for the last week, wondering when people would start posting about offers day!

I thought you had to wait for letter in the post, is that not true then?
scaredycat

Post by scaredycat »

You can login to the admissions site and the offer will appear on there. The GCC document showing key dates, which is on their website, was amended in January 2014, presumably to change to allocation date to 3rd March as I am sure the date stated previously was 1st March.
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

1st March is dd1's birthday party, so rather glad I can't see it then as logging in before party may lead to distraught distraction during said party, and logging in afterwards may lead to distracted worryings during party.

Now I just have to worry about the party itself :shock:
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

It is very quiet on here. Is no-one else getting nervous about 3rd March??
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Hi all, national offer day is 3rd March this year.. (I assume also because 1st is a Saturday). But yes you should be able to login to the portal (shortly after midnight if I remember correctly) and see your school offer there.
scaredycat

Post by scaredycat »

GCC website says offers will be there to see from 9.00 am on Monday 3rd March. Not good for those of us who work and won't be able to check until we get home! I wondered if offers would be there from midnight on the Friday (she says hopefully) a bit like online banking over a weekend when you can "see" Mondays transactions. Or does it rely on someone pressing a button at 9.00? At least if it's online here's no chance of my postman delivering it to the wrong house, where the neighbours are on holiday a la results day!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

I know with some phones it can be really clunky, but is there anyway you cans et your phone up to receive e mail, even if just for one day? Sounds like torture to have to wait all day!
scaredycat

Post by scaredycat »

Just logged on to the GCC admissions site to make sure I've remembered my password! It still says on there (when you view your application) "All online Secondary applicants may view their allocation via the online system after midnight on 1/3/2014 and will have the opportunity to accept their allocation online - the closing date of which will be 14/3/2014."

So it's still not exactly clear, could be after midnight on the Friday then!? I knew I had seen the date as 1/3/14 somewhere and that the 3rd was a fairly recent change.
orchardrose

Post by orchardrose »

Admissions page now states that allocations will be available after midnight on 3rd ...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now