Allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Monkeyfeet

Re: Allocations

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Thanks Stroudydad ds is happy with the second choice but were still hopeful of getting a place in marling and we fully expected to get a place hopefully we will not be to far down at 220 and as the crowd flies we can see marling almost bottom of the garden, I my self and various family members have always been in this position of the waiting game I've emailed marling to get an idea of how far down we are which I know may not be a true reflection ie circumstances have changed etc xx
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

Amber wrote:Why? Every child that got in but doesn't go will go elsewhere. If they choose another grammar school then that takes a place from someone who put it first, and they then go to another school...so in the hierarchy which we all know about but is unwritten, the ones who lose out on a GS place are those who have marginally qualified for Marling, Crypt or Ribston. It happens every year of course, but I do know that the admissions officers try very hard to make a pass mean a place, and last year and the year before they almost managed it, but it seems this year something went awry. Possibly the increased popularity of Crypt has something to do with it too. Very hard for children of go through this, whatever the mechanics of it, anyway. :(
Absolutely agreed. But the cut off scores seem relatively high above the pass marks this year, coupled with the fact that you seemed to need to pass better to get in the top 120's (based on score needed to be in top 180 for Pate's in last 3 years) this year. I have a feeling we will be seeing oversubscription appeals this year, not just non-qualifying.

This isn't really the time or place to be analysing it though. Fingers crossed and hugs to everyone waiting on 2nd allocation.
Parismum

Post by Parismum »

Morning all. Hope everyone is feeling OK this morning. Just wondering if there is any news yet on how far down the waiting list Pate's went? Ds is 149 on the waiting list - not offered, as we expected, and happy with HSFG, but I would be interested to know how close she was with a view to reconsideration. Sounds like its been a tough year, children should be very proud of themselves. x
Gladysova

Post by Gladysova »

Pink wrote:Yay STR offered! 1st choice so very pleased. (222)
Good luck everyone!
Thanks for sharing you have given me hope yet - still waiting on post! Well done to your DS !!
Juliet

Post by Juliet »

My son and his friend have been offered places at Marling with 227 and his friend above that. They will both be taking up their places. Good luck to everyone on reconsideration and appeals.
swoops

Post by swoops »

Anyone know what SHS went to? Have email them but no reply
Frossco

Post by Frossco »

DD will be taking her place at Ribston with a score of 219 and her friend with 215 :D
smudger72

Post by smudger72 »

Frossco wrote:DD will be taking her place at Ribston with a score of 219 and her friend with 215 :D

My DD missed out on Ribston with 214..hoping she will get in on reconsideration / appeal
Sunshine 11

Post by Sunshine 11 »

It's our turn next year. Please could you remind me the pass marks for each school ? I thought Ribston was 210 ? and SHS 220 but this doesn't seem to be guaranteeing places ?

Good luck to all waiting for second allocations.
Sunshine 11
Que sera, sera
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

Sunshine 11 wrote:It's our turn next year. Please could you remind me the pass marks for each school ? I thought Ribston was 210 ? and SHS 220 but this doesn't seem to be guaranteeing places ?

Good luck to all waiting for second allocations.
SHS 216
Ribston 210

Remember that due to the different cohorts sharing their results with each school that a mark of say 225 at SHS would not necessarily equate to a mark of 225 at Ribston (or HSFG).

Passing is not a guarantee of a place. The higher you pass, the more certain you can be of a place. SHS will tell you if you are in the top 120 in October - in which case you can relax :wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now