Ranking

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Monkeyfeet

Re: Ranking

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Marling won't give out any ranks until after reconsideration I've tried twice but they're being tight lipped this year xx
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

Marling didn't do rankings this year, even if you phoned.

The woman on the phone said that they had over 500 boys ask to share results with Marling, and only 120 places. ds had 222 and got in, my guess is that out of 500 he would have been ranked 450++. But he got a place, so ended up in the top 120 accepted.
That is why the rankings weren't given out, they are meaningless really when so many ask to share with all schools
Sunshine 11

Post by Sunshine 11 »

steppemum wrote:Marling didn't do rankings this year, even if you phoned.

The woman on the phone said that they had over 500 boys ask to share results with Marling, and only 120 places. ds had 222 and got in, my guess is that out of 500 he would have been ranked 450++. But he got a place, so ended up in the top 120 accepted.
That is why the rankings weren't given out, they are meaningless really when so many ask to share with all schools

Oh gosh. Well that's all they are giving out this year and the practice of multiple sharing will go on I'm sure. Unless they are planning to limit how many you share with, but that would be a bit unfair. We shall see.
Sunshine 11
Que sera, sera
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

yes I am not sure how they will manage it. I assume there will be a pass and fail, and also they will still say if you are in the top 120 for the school?

Marling also said that they took every boy who passed and applied to them last year. I am watching with interest this year to see how far down they finally go after all the reconsiderations etc.

If I had been told ds was say 465 rank, I would not have expected him to get a place. I am not sure if we would have even applied. But being told he had passed with 222, when the pass was 216, felt very positive. Not sure how you can tell where they are unless you have more information.