Disposal of 11+ literature

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Stressed?Moi?

Disposal of 11+ literature

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

I was wondering what everyone else did with their 11+ study books/papers after the exam (those of you that didn't burn them of course!). I was going to sell them on ebay but wonder if this is the best/most time/cost effective way of doing it. Would be nice to put some cash towards a treat :lol: .
Tinkers

Re: Disposal of 11+ literature

Post by Tinkers »

I gave mine away to a friend with a son a couple of years younger.

with my Moderator hat on, general notice to everyone. We do not normally allow the advertising of items for sale on this forum, though some exceptions may be made for longstanding members, with prior approval from mods.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Tinkers wrote:I gave mine away to a friend with a son a couple of years younger.

with my Moderator hat on, general notice to everyone. We do not normally allow the advertising of items for sale on this forum, though some exceptions may be made for longstanding members, with prior approval from mods.
Oh gawd tinkers, so sorry, I just didn't think :oops: . I certainly wasn't trying to sell them here. Please feel free to delete this post.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Stressed?Moi? wrote:
Tinkers wrote:I gave mine away to a friend with a son a couple of years younger.

Oh gawd tinkers, so sorry, I just didn't think :oops: . I certainly wasn't trying to sell them here. Please feel free to delete this post.
Don't worry innocent mistakes do happen.Sometimes better to take them on the chin.

A number of people on another thread did have a bonfire.

But we had a 20 year collection and has been passed on to the next in line in the extended family with the new books specifically for the Durham CEM exam.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

We had a bonfire after number 3. DD is already planning her A level bonfire :)
scary mum
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

We're on number 3 now, she's been allowed to actually fill in the books!

Now as we finish a book/paper it goes straight in the recycling.

A few books without exercises in will be passed to a friend.

If it doesn't bring joy it's gone. New house rule. :wink:
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

I'm in awe of you folks doing it 3 times. Two was absolutely plenty and certainly not a process I shall miss!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now