Ribston Visit - additional admissions info

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sunshine 11

Ribston Visit - additional admissions info

Post by Sunshine 11 »

I enjoyed our Ribston visit, although the head was off to see the Queen at Buckingham Palace (so no head talk) a great excuse though !. However, the admissions info in the back of the pack is really good. I haven't seen it in any of the other packs so far.

New for the 2014 test is a test day ID form which needs to include a passport style photo (so next time you see a passport machine it may be worth getting a piccie for September). Interesting ! I wonder why they have felt the need to verify ID, have they been reading "may contain nuts !" ? an excellent read if you have not read it already :lol:

Something I didn't know, is that after results, if your child has not gained a place, and you opt for re-consideration, you have to take the place if it is offered to you.

Gosh, where is the year going ? 3 more weeks and we will be completing our forms ! Yikes :?
Sunshine 11
Que sera, sera
DC17C

Re: Ribston Visit - additional admissions info

Post by DC17C »

This might be better on the Gloucestershire thread. It does perhaps make sense that some sort of identification is needed to make sure it is actually the right child that is sitting the test.

Now moved to Gloucestershire. S-A
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Thanks for that. I'm with you on May contain Nuts - fab book.

Ref the ID, I have spent so much money and time in the past trying to get a decent passport size photo of my DS - hope they will accept just a normal one. Wondering if the photo remains with the paper at the end or if they just have a look and hand it back. Not sure if I agree with the examiner seeing a picture of the person whose paper they are marking.

Ref substituting me for my son in the exam - no way. I'm sure I wouldn't pass it so best leave it to him (especially the maths!).

The reconsideration bit seems to make sense I guess. You are showing commitment to the school you are being reconsidered for, not just trying and then changing your mind.

Glad you enjoyed Ribston - it's a fab school (according to DD in Year 8).
NancyB

Post by NancyB »

Sunshine 11 wrote:New for the 2014 test is a test day ID form which needs to include a passport style photo (so next time you see a passport machine it may be worth getting a piccie for September). Interesting !
It's possibly to stop getting ringers in to take the exam. Also to stop people sitting the same exam in one county one week as a practice, then another county on another week!