No Bennetts Bus to the Crypt from Tewkesbury

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Pinkoddy

No Bennetts Bus to the Crypt from Tewkesbury

Post by Pinkoddy »

Just got the call to say that Bennetts will not be running the bus to the Crypt from Tewkesbury.
Pottscentral

Re: No Bennetts Bus to the Crypt from Tewkesbury

Post by Pottscentral »

Yes, I've just had the call as well. They had 16 in total from Crypt, Ribston and St Peters. I've asked them to include my details in the letter they are sending out to all the families who applied :
tewkesburytransport@gmail.com along with my personal email and mobile number.

If everyone contacts me that applied to Bennetts, I have a minibus company willing to provide a service but we MUST have those 16.

Please get in touch asap, thanks!
Pinkoddy

Post by Pinkoddy »

Ah yes she did mention you :)
sunshineme

Post by sunshineme »

Hi. New here. Would this bus travel past Denmark Road in Gloucester on the way to Crypt?. I am not one of the 16 people. Many thanks (keeping fingers crossed)
Pottscentral

Post by Pottscentral »

sunshineme wrote:Hi. New here. Would this bus travel past Denmark Road in Gloucester on the way to Crypt?. I am not one of the 16 people. Many thanks (keeping fingers crossed)
I think you'll be fine if you need transport from Denmark Road. My understanding at this stage is that there will be feeder buses running to St Peters, Crypt and Ribston from Denmark Road. Marchants may be one of them.

When I know more I'll keep this thread updated.
cazien

Post by cazien »

sunshineme wrote:Hi. New here. Would this bus travel past Denmark Road in Gloucester on the way to Crypt?. I am not one of the 16 people. Many thanks (keeping fingers crossed)
Express Travel picks up in Cheltenham Road (Double Gloucester), Estcourt Road (by old Civil Service Club) and then proceeds down Kingsholm Road. They used to stop at Denmark Road but stopped this year as no one needed the service - no doubt Mr Dix would re-introduce if asked.
sunshineme

Post by sunshineme »

Pottscentral and cazien many thanks for posting. I will contact them this week. New to school transport and hoping I havent left it too late. :roll:
Pinkoddy

Post by Pinkoddy »

Is there any further news on this does anyone know please?
mumofa

Post by mumofa »

Hi,

I received an email off Ribston today,I have copied it below.
Fingers crossed the hard work by Pottscentral will pay off,giving us a much needed bus service to Crypt, Ribston and St Peters from Tewkesbury :)

To: Sue; Cheryl
Subject: School bus bus to schools from Tewkesbury

Good morning Sue and Cheryl

I'm sure you're both aware that Bennetts will not be providing a school bus from the Tewkesbury area from September.

I am trying to find an alternative at present to include St Peters if needed and I'm talking to Karen Jackson who works in School Transport at Shire Hall to see if we can find a solution.

I wonder if you would pass on this information to any parents that might enquire.

They can get in touch with me at tewkesburytransport@gmail.com

I have around 16 families needing transport to the three schools at the moment so if we can find a few more that would be great!

Many thanks for your help