HSFG Sports Kit

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Flash

HSFG Sports Kit

Post by Flash »

Please can someone whose daughter is already at HSFG tell me what they need in the way of sports kit when they start?

Do they need cycling shorts, skort AND microshorts?! :cry: I have ordered the tracksuit bottoms and am thinking of buying the sweatshirt as DD feels the cold. Do they have to have the long-sleeved rugby shirt as that isn't marked as optional?

Thank you! :D
scaredycat

Re: HSFG Sports Kit

Post by scaredycat »

Good question, also I can't see the alternative skirt anywhere on the trutex website, anyone know what it is like? The uniform list says skirt with inverted pleats back and front.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Hi Scaredycat.

When you register with Trutex with the HSFG code you can see that skirt.
scaredycat

Post by scaredycat »

Thanks. I wonder if the alternative skirt is meant to be roll up proof! :)
doodles

Post by doodles »

scaredycat wrote:Thanks. I wonder if the alternative skirt is meant to be roll up proof! :)
That skirt has yet to be invented :lol:

We even managed to roll up our regulation Harris tweed a-line number some 30 odd years ago, admittedly some of us looked decidedly over developed in the hip department but with oatmeal coloured knee length socks and regulation brown t-bar shoes we thought we looked the business!!
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

PE-kit wise, I think only the polo shirt, hoody, skorts and tracksuit bottoms are needed. Plus dark blue hockey socks. My DD is in year 8 and it's the first I've heard of cycling shorts or microshorts! Must go and ask her...

They also only seem to wear the house t-shirt once a year, on sports day, so you may want to buy large, or leave it a while! The growth spurt from starting year 7 to end of year 8 is quite something to behold.

Regarding the main uniform skirt, the new one is apparently to be regarded with disdain :) That may of course just be my DD's take on it, but having seen it, it's ******* material, and a very strange fit. She much prefers the standard skirt - and it is fine to wear either.
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

Wow. I got redacted! All I was saying was that the material seemed a bit on the cheap & nasty side. but I was being more tactful. :?
Flash

Post by Flash »

Thanks Weaver.

That's very helpful. :D Relieved we don't need to buy all that kit!

I have ordered both skirts but will see what we make of the new style when it arrives. It's good to hear what the girls think of it!
scaredycat

Post by scaredycat »

We've been in to the shop for a big trying on session today and bought blazer and winter shirts. Also tried on the regular skirt but are holding off buying that until a bit nearer the time. DD is very slim but the skirt she tried, which was the best fit around he waist was pretty roomy around the hips. The lady in the shop did say that where boys grow taller, girls get curves which makes sense. She also said they don't need summer shirts for September, as they go back in winter ones- is that right? Dd wasn't keen on the new skirt, although I quite liked it! I also wouldn't worry about buying early as you have 90 days to return things so can always exchange if necessary :D
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

DD's school over in sunny Southend on Sea has a choice of cycle shorts or what are listed as "hot pants" (took me right back to the summer of 1971, that did :lol: ). DD opted for the cycle shorts - although has somehow never found an activity for which her rather long skort didn't fit the bill - and after last year's Sports Day when we saw just how much the "hot pants" live up to their name, I'm pretty glad that she did :shock:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now