Any post?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ofsoundmind

Re: Any post?

Post by ofsoundmind »

Congratulations Monkeyfeet.
Our appeal was also upheld, so ds will be there in September too xx
imustbecrazy

Post by imustbecrazy »

Congratulations Ofsoundmind, I am so pleased for you. At least some good news for the day.
Pinkoddy, I haven't read actual letter, my older daughter read it out to me, so when I get home will go over it. Our option now is an hour drive every morning to allocated school - our 4th choice :evil: Or homeschool for a year and try again next year. However, being a single parent who works full time it's going to be very difficult.
Otherwise we move closer to DD2's allocated school which will be further away from DD1's (SHS) school!
ofsoundmind

Post by ofsoundmind »

Thank you imustbecrazy.
You have such a difficult decision to make. I wish you well with whatever you decide x
Monkeyfeet

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Congratulations ofsoundmind you must be thrilled x

I'm sorry imustbecrazy I hope you can get something sorted xx
ofsoundmind

Post by ofsoundmind »

Thanks Monkeyfeet.
We're off out to celebrate x
Monkeyfeet

Post by Monkeyfeet »

ofsoundmind wrote:Thanks Monkeyfeet.
We're off out to celebrate x
Celebrations will have to wait until the wanderer has returned for us have fun xx
Nammum

Post by Nammum »

imustbecrazy wrote:Congratulations Ofsoundmind, I am so pleased for you. At least some good news for the day.
Pinkoddy, I haven't read actual letter, my older daughter read it out to me, so when I get home will go over it. Our option now is an hour drive every morning to allocated school - our 4th choice :evil: Or homeschool for a year and try again next year. However, being a single parent who works full time it's going to be very difficult.
Otherwise we move closer to DD2's allocated school which will be further away from DD1's (SHS) school!
I'm really sorry to hear about the outcome of your appeal IMBC. I feel for you and your situation. I was hoping all forum contributors would be successful with their appeals. My youngest DD will be taking the test in 2016 (hopefully) & I know she will be keen to follow her sister to SHS but we could so easily be in your shoes this time in 2017 especially given the birthrate increases over the last decade. My heartfelt best wishes to you and your DD and I hope that things work out for you in time x
Nammum

Post by Nammum »

Congratulations to OSM and MF on the outcome of your appeals. It is good to know that the appeals system does work for some and will give hope to those in a similar situation in years to come. Good work & well done!
swoops

Post by swoops »

No for us too :( the letter says she is of the academic ability but others had better circumstances, but confused by that really as I thought it was meant to be all about the academic ability since the changes in 2012 rather than circumstances

Just got to work out how to tell DD now
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

I'm so sorry to hear that Swoop. It seems incredibly unfair, not to say ridiculous, that there aren't enough GS places for those who have achieved a place. That's the bit that needs emphasising: your DD is bright enough, but the system is flawed (whichever way you look at it).

Do you have a plan B?
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now