Any post?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Pinkoddy

Re: Any post?

Post by Pinkoddy »

Sorry to hear all these nos and wishing you the best of luck with the next stages.

I am still in limbo here :(
littlemiss1610

Post by littlemiss1610 »

Can I just ask swoops did you DD pass the entrance exam? I know that from the 41 appeals over half had a qualifying score so to get down to a possible 8 upheld appeals would obviously mean 33 appeals not upheld, many of whom would have had a qualifying score.

With regard to the waiting list this can only be referred back to when the PAN goes below 120. The same with in year applications. If a child passes the in year test and the PAN is below 120 they can be allowed in providing the waiting list is empty. If a child passes the in year test and the actual number is above 120 then the only way in is again to go to appeal. It would then depend on how many they have in that year group as to whether the appeal will be upheld i.e. if the year group is up to 128 it is unlikely the panel would agree to had another child due to the prejudice argument. If you have gone to appeal you only have one more chance to try again.

This year for all schools a great number of children have passed the test but without securing a place. I hope this means the standards in the local comps can only improve with so many capable children attending.
Pinkoddy

Post by Pinkoddy »

It is a no here too.
Monkeyfeet

Post by Monkeyfeet »

I'm sorry to swoops and pinkoddy that have not received the news you were hoping for :( don't give up hope ***
Pinkoddy

Post by Pinkoddy »

Thank you Monkeyfeet we are in the position that our son will still be going to a very good grammar school just it will be more difficult to fit into family life.
Monkeyfeet

Post by Monkeyfeet »

That's a relief and could always make an in year transfer much easier down the line of you wanted xx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now