Registration Opens - Let the games begin !

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Stressed?Moi?

Re: Registration Opens - Let the games begin !

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Confirmation received - eek!

We've gone for Tommies as it's not too far away and is also where he wants to go.
Sunshine 11

Post by Sunshine 11 »

Well mine errored ! :oops: oops, so they had to phone me. Too much info in white space. Apparently, it's all computer generated except the ones the computer cannot process due to user error ! oops again, so that's when a human gets involved to sort it out. 150 characters, not words ! doh.

All is now well and confirmation e-mail received, I've even completed the ID form and glued on the passport photo, I did 2, just in case one gets wet or covered in ink or something, knowing me......

So glad everything has gone smoothly for everyone else and no website crashing ! impressive :D

I now just have to get her to school on time, 8.15 - 8.30 early for a Saturday ! Stressed?Moi? we went for local, all DDs friends are doing it there and it is her ideal, you'll have to let us know how it goes at Tommies, DS next !
Sunshine 11
Que sera, sera
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Glad it's not just me and computers - worrying when you have to use them for a living :D . I prefer to do things in writing usually but I like the peace of mind of a conformation email. Paranoid or what?!!
Debims

Post by Debims »

Hello there - I too have celebrated registering my DD by introducing myself on here so hello everybody. We have decided to take the test at HSG, my daughter's first choice even though we live in Cheltenham. Even she has written off Pate's as too difficult to get into - but we loved Denmark Rd when we visited so would be more than happy for her to go there. Awaiting confirmation email now - makes it all seem real doesn't it?
Sunshine 11

Post by Sunshine 11 »

Welcome Debims. Enjoy the forum. :D
Sunshine 11
Que sera, sera
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Welcome debims to the Stress Zone.
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

Have put in DS's registration to do the test at Tommies. It was DD last time, so the boys' schools are a new thing for me!

So, only 3 months (ish) to go... :shock:
cazien

Post by cazien »

I know it is a bit early, but please remember on test day the roads around the test schools are chaos!!! :shock: It may be worth a visit in advance to seek areas to park a distance away from the schools and then walk. I know STR and Denmark have alleyways that lead to the schools so if you park a short distance away from them you can avoid the chaos, reducing stress :roll: . Familiarise yourself with the route beforehand, but leave plenty of time.

Good luck to all of you.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

cazien wrote:I know it is a bit early, but please remember on test day the roads around the test schools are chaos!!! :shock: It may be worth a visit in advance to seek areas to park a distance away from the schools and then walk. I know STR and Denmark have alleyways that lead to the schools so if you park a short distance away from them you can avoid the chaos, reducing stress :roll: . Familiarise yourself with the route beforehand, but leave plenty of time.

Good luck to all of you.
Good advice. Think we'll get a little way out and then catch a bus. One less stress to deal with!
Sunshine 11

Post by Sunshine 11 »

cazien wrote:I know it is a bit early, but please remember on test day the roads around the test schools are chaos!!! :shock: It may be worth a visit in advance to seek areas to park a distance away from the schools and then walk. I know STR and Denmark have alleyways that lead to the schools so if you park a short distance away from them you can avoid the chaos, reducing stress :roll: . Familiarise yourself with the route beforehand, but leave plenty of time.

Good luck to all of you.
Fab advice, I think I will opt either for a taxi there and then have a wander into Stroud or get hubbie to drop me off. It will be too stressful trying to park I think. :roll:
Sunshine 11
Que sera, sera