New Head at the Crypt School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
DC17C

New Head at the Crypt School

Post by DC17C »

For anyone with a ds hoping for a place at The Crypt School - we had a letter yesterday announcing that Nick Dyer - current deputy head will take over as Head when Jonathon Standen leaves at Easter 2015. Also the letter stated there were 127 boys in the new Yr7, given the PAN is 112 suggesting 15 successful appeals. Hope they have the space for them!
Stressed?Moi?

Re: New Head at the Crypt School

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Thanks for info DC. Hope the new head is as successful as the old one as he really seems to have made a difference. It's better in my mind when a replacement head has been promoted internally rather than bringing in new brooms. Good to know also that there were a good few successful appeals - that's a few less stressed parents out there then!
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Yes I think an internal appointment is probably a good thing in this instance. Hope all goes well for your DS on Saturday - Stressed Moi and any one else out there with a child doing the Gloucester test- glad I only have 2 children and I am the other side of the 11+ after 2 years of stress.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Thanks DC - think we are going to need it :)
cazien

Post by cazien »

We were at Crypt annual prize giving ceremony last night - Mr Standen's closing speech was "Business as normal for the next 7 months - my way. Then it will be business as normal - Mr Dyer's way!".

His speech also recognised how popular Crypt had become with the extra numbers starting in Yr7 and more sixth formers staying on, work on the new multi-million pound building starts next month and how new learning procedures have proved successful with pupils achieving their highest ever A-level and GCSE grades. :D
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Obviously I don't like to say it BUT :oops: if we cast our eyes back to the old thread about crypt head I thought it would be Nick Dyer.

He is a lovely man, fair and forward thinking, collaborative and really bright.

I'm very happy with his appointment - but it's hard taking on such a job just when the school is doing so well, quite a pressure!

Onwards, Crypt, we think it's a fabulous school and could not be happier! Especially as walking distance from our house!!! :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now