Monday 13th October

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bananabrain

Monday 13th October

Post by bananabrain »

Hi, someone told me today that their tutor had suggested that Monday October 13th is the latest we will find out and that it could be several weeks earlier. Does anyone think there is any truth in this? Not sure I can stand checking my emails expectantly for 3 weeks!!! :?:
RedVelvet

Re: Monday 13th October

Post by RedVelvet »

Tommies said they would send the results out as soon as possible after 3.30 on the Friday.
sarajtb

Post by sarajtb »

It used to take a week and I'm wondering if they are just giving themselves longer in case of teething problems due to it being a new exam. I'd love it if they came out sooner :?
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

The info from Tommies says that papers are marked by both computer and again by person which is why they take longer. Given the numbers involved, I don't think there is any chance of receiving anything before 3.30 on Friday 10 October. Unfortunately! :(
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

I agree with stressed?moi? Even if they got the results earlier I am pretty sure they will hang on to them until the Friday before. They give the date of the 13th to allow for those who will get their results by post. Emails will be late Friday onwards.
scaredycat

Post by scaredycat »

I think they like to wait until the schools have closed for the weekend. Last years results came from 3.30 onwards. Stroud High were first followed by Ribston and then Pates. HSFG (the one we were hoping for) was sent by post and arrived on Saturday morning - unfortunately the postman delivered our post next door by mistake and our neighbours were on holiday, we had to wait for their son to turn up three hours later. You couldn't have made it up if you'd tried! It was worth the wait though :D
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Can't see it being earlier than the 10th. And as has already been said, after school closing..
muddywaters

Post by muddywaters »

Next Friday cannot come soon enough! My third time through this with third DS and this time has definitely been the worst!! It's the pondering, not knowing and all the open evenings and days trailing around just in case!!! I will really be pleased to know the result even if it's not what we hope for!! Roll on next Friday and good luck everyone- hope you do well........I'm looking forward to a glass or two of red that evening to NEVER having to do this again!!

Fingers crossed, toes crossed, knees crossed, eyes crossed..........do you get the picture? *** :oops: :lol: :shock: :|
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Same here muddywaters - this is torture! Like you, it's the not knowing that is doing our heads in. At least if we know it hasn't gone our way we can deal with it and plan accordingly. We went through it 3 years ago with dd and there is no comparison of difficulty of exam or stress. This is a million times worse, as it's new territory for us all. Stay strong.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

I feel a strange calm in this state of limbo. No open days to arrange, no working with DS, no appeal strategies to plan, no placating an upset child.....YET! Deep breaths ladies and gents :(