Results 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

fairyjasmine

Re: Results 2014

Post by fairyjasmine »

I've never actually posted before, but

top 120 HSG
top 114 RH
Ranked 151 for Pates

We have some decisions to make!
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

We're good for Tommies.

Really pleased he'll be joining his brother.
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

DD is within top 120 for HSFG and 114 for Ribston, she is very happy but DS is not happy as it means she will be on the bus with him :lol:

So maybe we will see you there Debims and Kittenchops.
Tinnyknickers

Post by Tinnyknickers »

DS didn't get Pate's but is 135 for Tommie's which should be absolutely fine. I am very very happy and relieved.
Nervous mum

Post by Nervous mum »

Sadly DD2 did get a qualify mark for any of the Grammars. Though a bit confused, two years ago with DD1we got a score so you knew where you were. Feels very different this time both as last time DD1 qualified for both HSFG and Ribston and also not knowing score don't know how much we missed by. She has taken news very well so far, and knows we are proud of her for taking test.
justbehappy

Post by justbehappy »

Well done to all who got the potential places they wanted. Sorry to those that didn't, but places become available don't they so there is still a chance.

We got in:
120 Pates
120 HSFG
120 SFS
114 RH

Amazed is an understatement! I really thought we hadn't covered the right areas and was already thinking I'd let her down. So, so pleased with my DD and full of pride.

Roll on March now.
bananabrain

Post by bananabrain »

Ranked top 120 for Marling, top 112 for Crypt, 111 for Tommies and no ranking for Pates. Happy with Tommies, our local school. Thinking of everyone tonight :?
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Nervous mum wrote:Sadly DD2 did get a qualify mark for any of the Grammars. Though a bit confused, two years ago with DD1we got a score so you knew where you were. Feels very different this time both as last time DD1 qualified for both HSFG and Ribston and also not knowing score don't know how much we missed by. She has taken news very well so far, and knows we are proud of her for taking test.

Good to know she has taken the news well. My DS3 was in the same position this summer. He was fairly chipper about it, has now completely forgotten the experience and is loving his new school. Maybe for your own piece of mind you could contact the school next week and ask how far off her score was. If it was close and you have strong academic evidence of ability then consider appealing. It might be that you have a good Comprehensive option and she is happy to go there, if so then it might not be worth the bother and you can free yourself from more months of uncertainty. Tree's post I suggested earlier is truly inspirational.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Nervous mum, I'm sure that everyone on here agrees that so much hinges on the day itself. Please don't lose heart. There are so many other ways if you think GS is definitely for your DD. I've heard of so many appeals and year 8 entrants. Thinking of you.

Will be having strong talk with DS about being sensitive in school on Monday.
Tiomanisland

Post by Tiomanisland »

Nervous mum wrote:Sadly DD2 did get a qualify mark for any of the Grammars. Though a bit confused, two years ago with DD1we got a score so you knew where you were. Feels very different this time both as last time DD1 qualified for both HSFG and Ribston and also not knowing score don't know how much we missed by. She has taken news very well so far, and knows we are proud of her for taking test.
pm'd you x
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now