Result breakdown

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sage

Result breakdown

Post by Sage »

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. There is excellent information here and would appreciate some advice on my query.

DD has been ranked in the top 120 for HSFG, 114 for Ribston and 120 for SHS. Very happy overall.

For Pates, she is ranked in the mid 140’s.

While we accept the ranking, OH is curious to know the scoring breakdown at Pates so we know what went wrong. DS was very confident of the paper and is keen to know where she missed.

Is it possible to request result breakdown from Pates?

Thanks in advance and good luck to all with the CAF’s.
CrossCountryMum

Re: Result breakdown

Post by CrossCountryMum »

I think I saw somewhere that papers will only be released for appeals?
quest

Post by quest »

Your DD might still get into Pates if that is the school she desires. It is important to remember that age and other factors are used in the standardising the scores. If your DD is 11 when she sat the exam and got the same raw score as a 10yr DD/DS then she will be ranked lower than the 10yr DD.
Cup of tea

Post by Cup of tea »

Well done, really good results :D I think the score went down to mid 140's last year and you can definitely put pates first on the caf, knowing that you will get your second choice should you not get in. It also means you effectively stay on their waiting list so if people drop out at any point it will go to the next one etc etc. I wonder how many 11+ tourists took the test? We heard someone from London was sitting at pates. Was that to intentionally move if they got in, or was it as a mock experience?
I would phone the school, they may give you a breakdown, although usually try to give as little info on the actual test as possible.
Good luck!
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

CrossCountryMum wrote:I think I saw somewhere that papers will only be released for appeals?
The paper is not released for the appeal, but the mark sheet is. In the past this would have enabled you to see that your child got question numbers 13,14 and 15 wrong etc. You would not be able to tell what the subject of the question was. Obviously this year the test was different, but I suspect the information provided for appeal would be similar.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now