Stroud High Twilight Zone

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tabbycat

Stroud High Twilight Zone

Post by tabbycat »

My DD has passed Stroud High but her ranking is 302.... Way down the ranking as it went down only to 262nd last year and 278th year before. I am even wondering if she is the last one who got qualified?!?! :oops: It will be a very long wait till March and I am hoping to be able to get some idea how many of you shared your dd's results with Stroud High but not intending to go there. DD was qualified for Ribston as well but ranked 345 so this is not too good either but our first choice is Stroud High as we live near the school. thanks :o
ducativalentino

Re: Stroud High Twilight Zone

Post by ducativalentino »

We know at least 3 girls who shared their results with SHS but never intended to go there. A lot of families are put off by the travel. Hopefully that helps shift a few out your way to getting a place! Good Luck!
tabbycat

Post by tabbycat »

I just found out that my friend's DD was ranked 297 for Stroud High School and ended up in top 114 for Ribston. Considering she is only 5 rank in front of my DD for Stroud High, how can she rank within top 114 in Ribston and my DD ranked 345 in Ribston? I have heard that each school put different weight in different questions / section but could it result in that much difference in ranking? Very confused, please can someone help and explain?
Last edited by tabbycat on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Statistically it is possible, all to do with standardising... But it does seem that some strange scores have been found this year... Another post was in top 114 for Ribston but didn't qualify for HSFG at all... Maybe worth contacting Ribston to check??
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now