Which primary schools send the most kids to grammar?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Gurdjieff

Re: Which primary schools send the most kids to grammar?

Post by Gurdjieff »

Thanks - useful info.

I live about 150m away from the school, so can't imagine distance is an issue? But putting four choices down anyway.
DebsB

Post by DebsB »

Gurdjieff wrote:Thanks - useful info.

I live about 150m away from the school, so can't imagine distance is an issue? But putting four choices down anyway.
I just checked that for you. Minchinhampton Primary is a C of E school but its admissions policy doesn't have a faith category, so if you're that close to the school you'll have no trouble.

I hope your kids are very happy there. I think primary school children, in particular, benefit a lot from living close to the school. We moved house right at the beginning of my son's time at primary school but kept him there despite having to drive from the other side of Cheltenham. I don't regret the decision to keep him there, and the move was out of my control, but I do feel it was a disadvantage to him to live further away than almost all the others in his class. Yours will have a much better deal in that respect. :)
Gurdjieff

Post by Gurdjieff »

Thanks - I'm sure you're right. The idea of commuting to another primary for years and years leaves me a bit cold. Jut want to make sure I'm doing the right thing this time round, but everyone seems very positive about Minchinhampton School.
Gurdjieff

Post by Gurdjieff »

Quick note to thank everyone for their contributions, some PMs as well. Very helpful comments all round.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now