Allocations 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
DebsB

Re: Allocations 2015

Post by DebsB »

MountainDweller wrote:DS is off to Marling :D

(I think I may have been the first person to accept a place at 10 seconds past midnight! :oops: )

Thank you everyone for all your help.....DS2 is in year 3 currently and DD is in reception so I will be around on the forum for a few more years!
Congrats on your Marling place MountainDweller. I hope your DS is very happy there.

I checked at 23:50, and they weren't showing, and then again at 23:56, and there was the offer, so I actually replied just before midnight - I have a "thank you for responding" email timestamped at 23:59.

Thanks from me too to everyone for their help. This was my one and only time through it. (I do have an older child, but is the kind of boy who's better suited to Balcarras than commuting to Gloucester for a GS.)

Some disappointed DC at DD's primary today, she tells me - not mostly about GS but Balcarras hopefuls who didn't make it. She says the teachers were v good at handling it, though, and both the class teacher and the headteacher separately told the class that nobody was to ask anybody else to talk about it if they didn't want to.
MountainDweller

Post by MountainDweller »

DebsB wrote:
MountainDweller wrote:DS is off to Marling :D

(I think I may have been the first person to accept a place at 10 seconds past midnight! :oops: )

Thank you everyone for all your help.....DS2 is in year 3 currently and DD is in reception so I will be around on the forum for a few more years!
Congrats on your Marling place MountainDweller. I hope your DS is very happy there.

I checked at 23:50, and they weren't showing, and then again at 23:56, and there was the offer, so I actually replied just before midnight - I have a "thank you for responding" email timestamped at 23:59.

Thanks from me too to everyone for their help. This was my one and only time through it. (I do have an older child, but is the kind of boy who's better suited to Balcarras than commuting to Gloucester for a GS.)

Some disappointed DC at DD's primary today, she tells me - not mostly about GS but Balcarras hopefuls who didn't make it. She says the teachers were v good at handling it, though, and both the class teacher and the headteacher separately told the class that nobody was to ask anybody else to talk about it if they didn't want to.
Darn you Debs and your quick clicking! My confirmation was at precisely midnight. I does make me feel better that I wasn't the only one logging every few minutes!
DebsB

Post by DebsB »

MountainDweller wrote:Darn you Debs and your quick clicking! My confirmation was at precisely midnight. I does make me feel better that I wasn't the only one logging every few minutes!
Thanks for making me feel better that I wasn't the only one either. :lol:
MountainDweller

Post by MountainDweller »

DebsB wrote:
MountainDweller wrote:Darn you Debs and your quick clicking! My confirmation was at precisely midnight. I does make me feel better that I wasn't the only one logging every few minutes!

I would just like to confirm that I was not logging every five minutes :oops: :shock: I was logging on! (The late night is catching up with me and ruining my typing :lol: )
Pims

Post by Pims »

Hi, does anyone what ranking cutoff was for this years entry for Marling. DS was ranked 298 and didn't make it. Debating whether to appeal.... Advice appreciated. Always borderline based on last 3 years. Hard though knowing intake is apparently being increased to 150 next year....
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

Disppointment at some of DDs school as places not what they wanted for comps in the area, including tears. Majority happy even with alternatives.

DD was saying she can't wait to get her bus pass like her big brother and he was discussing with some of his friends on the bus if she will get up and come with him, he just laughed. He gets up really early and catches an early public bus to Tommies, he is at school before 8am. He is pleased as are we that they are both at a GS and initially will catch the bus together. There will be no being taken to the bus stop by us on the first day, DS refused when he started and DD won't let us either, but she will have friends and a big brother.

Now to start thinking and looking ahead to uniform shopping and taster days etc.
DebsB

Post by DebsB »

MountainDweller wrote:
DebsB wrote:

I would just like to confirm that I was not logging every five minutes :oops: :shock: I was logging on! (The late night is catching up with me and ruining my typing :lol: )
So was I! :oops:
I read your post as "logging on" - amazing how brains just fill in what ought to be there. :)
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

I think I'd forgotten about the taster day. I think if DS has spent a day at the school already he will have got the intimidation out of the way. I will lengthen the rope slowly over the coming months and learn to let go (hopefully) by September. We are lucky as DS has an older friend he can catch the bus with. I really don't want to wish away his early childhood but I can't wait until September. Anyone know how the taster sessions are organised? Is there a mass exodus of year 6s in all the primaries on one day or is it done in smaller groups?
DebsB

Post by DebsB »

Posted same message twice - sorry
Last edited by DebsB on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DebsB

Post by DebsB »

Kismet wrote:Anyone know how the taster sessions are organised? Is there a mass exodus of year 6s in all the primaries on one day or is it done in smaller groups?
They're all on different days, mostly in July. Balcarras is 1st July, Pates, HSFG, Ribston and Crypt are 2nd July, SHS and Marling are on 3rd July, STRS is 9th July. Other schools are usually around then too.
Last edited by DebsB on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now