Allocations 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kismet

Re: Allocations 2015

Post by Kismet »

Aah. Thanks. That makes sense. I didn't notice it was an hours difference. Now I have to find something else useless to focus on. :?
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Good luck to you all. I of course hope you all get what you want.... But for those of you that don't, just look for the next door opening. :-)
DebsB

Post by DebsB »

They're on the website a few minutes early!!

Just viewed and accepted ours. DD has HSFG as expected (she was within the PAN, but I just wanted to see it in writing). :)
Good luck to everybody else with theirs.
Gl1mum

Post by Gl1mum »

We have accepted our place at Ribston, dd going to be overjoyed in the morning, I don't think you believe until you see it in writing even if you are in pan. I will be reminding her to be very sensitive to the fact that some may not get what they want. Good luck everyone and I have to say this forum has been a constant support and my only sanity at times on this 11 plus journey, thankfully we don't need to go through it again :D
pookie

Post by pookie »

My DS was ranked 140 for PGS and within the PAN for STR. He was offered a place at STR but not at PGS does that mean not enough children didn't take their PGS place or does the moving around happen after today? Anyone know?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Similarly, have accepted place at Tommies. I have butterflies for those in a less certain position. Good luck to all. I. Completely agree with GL1mum. My sanity is intact mostly due to this forum. Never saw myself as being a forumite but am so glad I am. Thanks for all the support and smiles along the way. I will be following everyone's journey to September and then start the whole thing again next year with DD in year 5.
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

About to accept DD place at HSFG. She was very calm, just said "I knew I was going there, so stop fussing."
cazien

Post by cazien »

pookie wrote:My DS was ranked 140 for PGS and within the PAN for STR. He was offered a place at STR but not at PGS does that mean not enough children didn't take their PGS place or does the moving around happen after today? Anyone know?
Don't quite understand your question pookie. Did you opt for PGS first and STR second? If you did then those who qualified for PGS with a higher ranking than your DS opted for PGS and have been offered a place. If you opted for STR first, then that is why your DS has been offered the place.

"Moving around" only happens when everyone has replied to their offer from the Council. The schools then know definite numbers. They will offer places if someone rejects their place creating a vacancy. This process will take a number of weeks after the closing date for accepting your offers.

Everyone - please remember to accept your offer - even if you are not happy with it. If you don't you will not a Secondary to go to. Resuffling and appeals are for the future, you need a school place now.
Debims

Post by Debims »

My DD has accepted her place at HSFG and we're all delighted. Glad it's over for now, one more to go! Hope everyone has a good day today whatever the news, and thank you for the support when it got really tough last year.

Would love to know who is going to HSFG from Cheltenham? We will be travelling from Leckhampton. 8) :D
DebsB

Post by DebsB »

cazien wrote:
pookie wrote:My DS was ranked 140 for PGS and within the PAN for STR. He was offered a place at STR but not at PGS does that mean not enough children didn't take their PGS place or does the moving around happen after today? Anyone know?
Did you opt for PGS first and STR second? If you did then those who qualified for PGS with a higher ranking than your DS opted for PGS and have been offered a place. If you opted for STR first, then that is why your DS has been offered the place.
Indeed. If you put PGS first, then the reason your DS has not got a place at present is because evidently there weren't as many as 20 DC who ranked higher than him who didn't put it first on their CAFs. There may be a little further movement now if people who put PGS first back in October have changed their minds and decline their offers - for example because they're moving away from the area - but that won't start happening until after the 13th March deadline for replying to offers.