Allocations 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Stressed?Moi?

Re: Allocations 2015

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

essaouira wrote:
MedievalBabe wrote:I was about to post to say STR are having uniform fitting on Wednesday 18th March for new pupils.
Clearly not expecting an 11yo to grow in the next 5 1/2 months!
Apparently there is a 3 months lead-in for delivery from the makers of the uniform. I think we'll just order the next size up, which is probably what most will do. My ds will only have just turned 11 in September and he will no doubt still be in 9-10 year old clothes - hope they do diddy sizes!
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

Yes, I wondered that. All these little year 6s will be shooting up like beanpoles in the coming few years - or even months!
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

They measure up big, DS is in Y8 and is still in his blazer that we ordered, his rugby top is still long but his pe t- shirt well... He has grown a fair bit in the two years, as in before he started he was about my nose and now he is very proudly taller than me. He is still wearing his pe shorts he had in y3 as they were identical to STR but maybe a little short now.

They also have the facility to change them if they do have the biggest growth spurt possible inbetween.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

I'm rather hoping STRS allows me to order few sizes up for my diddy DS, not only for value for money but so that I can maximise the 'awwww doesn't he look cute' factor while I still can
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

DS says his class is a real split between the tiddlers and the rest. So much so that when he played basketball this week he was the tallest player and the game was very unfair as all he had to do was hold the ball in the air and they couldn't reach it. He decided to help them out by bending his knees and playing bent up!

You don't want the blazer too big, but big enough for growth. You can never tell when that growth spurt will happen and the people who run the shop have experience in sizing and will provide good advice.