Good Luck everybody!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

DS was calm this morning too-said he was well prepared!!!Me on the other hand-I was very emotional when I got back to the car,not like me at all.Having a large cream cake now to get through to 12 noon!
Stroud Mum

Post by Stroud Mum »

How did everyone find today? DD found 1st paper hard, she said it wasn't the normal NFER format and she ended up guessing quite a few questions due to lack of time. Second paper, which we expected to be harder was if anything easier.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Isn't it strange how kids have different perceptions? DS found 1st paper quite easy,though the answers were all on the question sheet and they had to choose A-E for the answers(as opposed to the 2nd paper where it reverted back to normal NFER answer format).He said 2nd paper was really hard!!! Oh well what a relief it is all over,just a 2 week wait for the results now............

Glosmum
metalikaf

Post by metalikaf »

Hi everyone.
Thank goodness it is all over!!!
DD came out of the test smiling so hopefully it can't have been too bad,though I saw quite a few crying.Probably tears of relief!

DD said she found the first paper harder than the second, though she completed it with time to check missed out questions.
She also found the format of the answer sheet threw her for a minute.

On the second paper she guessed the last one but answered them all.
She feels that she did well and that's all we asked of her really.

Only 13 days until we get the results.

DD has stated that she wants to open the envelope and I have agreed.
Stroud Mum

Post by Stroud Mum »

We are feeling pretty dejected; DD reckons she had to guess at least 14 Q on the 1st paper due to lack of time. Also she had to spend time rubbing out pencil dots that were on the Q paper (they were there when the papers were handed out). DD panicked because they had been told "no marks on the Q paper" so she spent time rubbing them out. I don't understand, could these have been old papers that were re-used? Also the teacher didn't give a half way call in the 1st paper. Oh dear. Fingers crossed that she might scrape it with score adjusted for age (August birthday) but all in all not what we were expecting - or hoping - for.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

DS has also now said that he guessed quite a few on paper 2.If you search for a post from Piper from last year,he mentions that the scores were adjusted as not many kids reached the pass mark on paper 2.I think he quotes a score of 63/85 as a standardised score of 116!
I suppose we can only wait and see..........
Stroud Mum

Post by Stroud Mum »

Forgot to say DD had pencil markings all over both Q papers (not hers, when she got them) and wasted time frantically rubbing these out as they had been told not to mark the Q sheets. Do they re-use old papers? I will be furious if because of this she lost time and marks.
cheltmum2

sat

Post by cheltmum2 »

Hi
My son took the test on Sat and is either deluded or had a moment of clarity! He said it was fine and not too difficult at all. He finished both papers with time to check and said the second paper was the more difficult. He guessed at 'z' types and and didn't bother going back to them ( as I had advised him) .Also said there was a mirror code question. My friend's son came out last year saying the same thing..( easy)..and failed! So I have no idea what to expect.
capers123

Re: sat

Post by capers123 »

cheltmum2 wrote:...My friend's son came out last year saying the same thing..( easy)..and failed! So I have no idea what to expect.
That's how it goes - a childs assessment of the difficulty may, or may not, indicate how well they did, or maybe an inverse indication 50% of the time! So some find it easy, some find it hard. Some who found it easy pass, some fail, likewise for those who found it hard. I also hear of children who exit the exam crying, or very happy, and the same applies. The inverse may also be true.

Gobbledegook mode off.

Hope it all works out. Look forward to hearing on here how well people have done (in a few weeks?).
Capers
sem

GOOD LUCK

Post by sem »

Good Luck to everyone for tomorrow. It has been the slowest two weeks wait ever!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now