Girls grammars ranking order

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MedievalBabe

Re: Girls grammars ranking order

Post by MedievalBabe »

Stressed Moi You might find DS leaving at the same time as DD as I pass the buses to the Glos GS and they are all going past at about the same time. I am expecting DD to be on the bus about 7.40am to HSFG and that's the last stop in Cheltenham and the same nod DS catches.
DebsB

Re: Girls grammars ranking order

Post by DebsB »

It shouldn't really matter what the order the schools come in for being easy or hard to get into. You will have five spaces on your CAF, so that's enough for Pate's, all three girls' grammars, and your catchment comp. Since we now have an equal preference admissions scheme, you can safely put your schools in the order in which you actually prefer them, and feel secure that the admissions system will allocate you your best preference out of the schools for which your DD manages to qualify. Actually, it's better even than that. You'd be able to do that even without any test data. As it is, though, all you need to do is sign up to take the test and share will all the schools that take girls, and then you don't have to decide what to put on your CAF until after you've been told how your DD ranked in each school's list.

My advice is to visit them all, share results with them all, and postpone your decision making until you've got your test results.

Good luck! :)