Illness on day of test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Illness on day of test

Post by Guest »

Hi

Does anyone know what the procedure is if your child becomes ill on the morning of the test? Do they have to be really ill ? (I ask because my daughter can get dreadful migraine type headaches when under stress). Or would this be seen as something minor and she would be expected to sit? The School has said in case of illness they MAY offer an alternative date. Any info appreciated.
thanks
lorry

Post by lorry »

Hi, although I am in Lincolnshire, I was advised that if your child is unwell on the morning of the test, make sure you put this in writing, copy it and hand it to the "officer" at the test. That way, if anything does go wrong that may affect the result, you have some written evidence. Hope that helps.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

It says in the Tommies letter not to take it on the day if child is unwell but to ring school and advise them-another date has already been allocated for this purpose,

Regards,
Glosmum.

Post by Guest »

Thanks. As Tommies is under the LEA I wonder is this applies to Stroud High also?
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

I know I am out of your area but when we received our letter with details for the test it did give a telephone hotline number to call if sick.

We do take our exams in a secondary school on a Saturday, so maybe if you take your exam in your own child's school, this wouldn't apply but then surely the school would be able to inform you?