RESULTS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Glos Mum

Post by Glos Mum »

I only discovered this forum a couple of weeks ago - but wish I had found it sooner!
Stroud Mum

Post by Stroud Mum »

I thought that passing and being in the top 120 meant my daughter's place at Stroud High was safe - now I'm worried. Aaargh!!
suze

Denmark Road

Post by suze »

My daughter sat Pates, got letter saying not in top 160 as score was 229,
but letter saying qualified for Denmark rd, not sure if it will be enough, for her to still get a place
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Anonymous wrote:Capers I can't see how what you say is true; say a child sat for Stroud High and also wanted that score to be considered by Pates. Stroud High look at the scores for all the girls who sat for the High School, regardless of whether or not that is their first choice. So if you rank 100 for the High School, but your score wasn't high enough for Pates and you then decide to put Stroud High as first choice you are still ranked 100 for the High School. If anything if you just miss out on a High School place you are likely to MOVE UP the list as some on the High School list will take up a Pates place if one is offered.
Could be that I'm confused! In appeals I don't get involved in this side of things as such - this is, of course the first time this style has operated, and I didn't realise that you'd get a letter & ranking from all the schools you'd applied for. Whoops.
Capers
capers123

Post by capers123 »

gloucestermum wrote:My word,this Glos forum has hotted up today! I've been virtually all alone this past 12 months where have you all been?? :wink:
I guess they've been lurking! 8)
Capers
mum3

Post by mum3 »

Re. Capers post that should 120 who applied to Pates suddenly decide to take up place at Stroud High etc, it is exceedingly unlikely that this would happen, there will only be a few that will turn down Pates for other places, and out of those, it will be for geographical reasons or taking up scholarships etc at private schools. So those who think have places at Stroud, Denmark Rd, Tommies etc can rest assured!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Head of DS school reckons a pass will be enough for Crypt-I think he is thinking about last years c**k up when quite a few got in on appeal as there were so many empty places after the 1st round of allocations.May be different this year with new system??
Stroud Mum

Post by Stroud Mum »

Could you ring Crypt and get his ranking? Looking at the posts I think quite a few Schools will be giving this info out next week even if they didn't include it in the letters. Next year the County Council should ensure all the Schools stick to the same system for giving out results - we would be floundering even more if it wasn't for the info shared here!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Trouble is,the ranking means nothing-lots of his friends have passed for both schools so they will be ranked for both,hence the info is flawed.What will be will be-roll on March 3rd!
chuck

Results

Post by chuck »

Quick note 226 was 3rd Quintile at Marling passed the pass mark of 116 281 took the test 120 will get places.

Chuck Any news on Tommy's we did not put it down and wonder if 126 might be enough?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now