Appeal Question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
CKMum

Appeal Question

Post by CKMum »

Hi all,

I am asking on behalf of a friend who is not a member of this forum, wondering whether anyone with more appeal experience can shed any light on their chances?

They have twins who both did the 11+ and got different results. The sticky issue is that they didn't share the results with all the schools, and have since found out that if they had, they would be able to have their DC apply to the same school as having spoken to the school in question, were told that on the basis of their results, they would have qualified.

They are now thinking about appealing to see if their DCs can get into said school, but I have no idea how successful appeals are to schools that didn't have the results shared with them in the first instance?

Any ideas out there? Any advice anyone has who has been in this situation? They are happy with their local comp too, so this is just a query really, and trying to find out whether it is worth the appeal process if there is any hope!

Many thanks in advance!
DC17C

Re: Appeal Question

Post by DC17C »

Hi it might help to know which school you are talking about - I have some experince with a Gloucestershire appeal for a boys school but perhaps you would prefer to pm me.
DC17C

Re: Appeal Question

Post by DC17C »

Hi i have replied to your pm
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now