stroud high school advice

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
trundler

stroud high school advice

Post by trundler »

hi
my daughter scored 219 at stroud which leaves her 173rd on list. can anyone advise as to how many girls usually dont take up a place at stroud. are there a lot of pates/ribston/denmark students that asked to be considered for stroud but wont take up the place. is there any chance of making the step up from 173 to hit the top 120. please post a comment even if its speculation, it would be good to hear other opinions. thanks
capers123

Re: stroud high school advice

Post by capers123 »

trundler wrote:hi
my daughter scored 219 at stroud which leaves her 173rd on list. can anyone advise as to how many girls usually dont take up a place at stroud. are there a lot of pates/ribston/denmark students that asked to be considered for stroud but wont take up the place. is there any chance of making the step up from 173 to hit the top 120.
I would imagine that there are quite a few who have put down multiple schools. Problem is that this year the system is 'new' so unless you have an inside line to the admissions desk, there's no way of knowing how it's going to shake out. Sadly I'm not on the SHS appeals panel, and even if I were, I wouldn't be told this information! And as for next year, I won't be on any appeals panel, as I could be prejudice (although that's not in my nature, but better safe than sorry).

You're probably in with a reasonable chance, but not guaranteed. My SO overheard several conversations at Minchinhampton Christmas Late Night Shopping on Friday to the same effect (X is at place 135, Y is at 200).
Capers

Post by Guest »

I live in Stroud and know at least one girl at my daughter's school who has passed for Stroud High and Ribston but will go to Ribston given the choice as she has a sister there. My daughter sat for Ribston and Stroud High and we will go for Stroud High as it is local. Most girls in Stroud seem to go for Stroud High first with Ribston second choice and only a few choose Pates due to the distance. If you've met the qualifying mark you're always in with a chance! Good Luck.