What happens now?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mrsdevonshire

What happens now?

Post by Mrsdevonshire »

We have been offered and accepted a place at Marling.

What happens next?

Thanks

MrsD
cazien

Re: What happens now?

Post by cazien »

Sit back, breathe a sigh of relief, relax and .......wait (again!).

We have until 15 March to accept/decline/request reconsideration the place offered. The Council have until 4 April to process these applications, and respond to reconsideration requests. Parents have until 12 April to return reconsideration reply forms.

The Council then inform every school of the final list of students who have accepted the offer of a place at the school. After this date you should receive a welcome pack and an invitation to attend their "welcome to this school" evening, where you should be informed of everything :shock: you need to know.

Most schools have opted for 7th July for a "taster day", when your DS will go to Marling for the day to meet teachers and fellow classmates.
cazien

Post by cazien »

After my last posting - we have just received a "welcome" letter in the post today from Ribston! On the ball or what :lol:
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

we have had a welcome letter from shs, which gives induction days etc.

As I remember from 2 years ago, Marling did the same, letter with relevant details very quickly.

Then there is this long pause where nothing happens, and then you are into induction days, year 6 farewells, and uniform buying!
Glossymum

Post by Glossymum »

Received our welcome letter from Marling today. Their taster day is on Friday 1 July and new parents info evening on 7 July.
Mrsdevonshire

Post by Mrsdevonshire »

Yes we got ours today. Very impressive.

How does it work with uniform buying? How long do you have to do it and where from?

DS worrying about the residential camp. So am I now! Is it hard on the quieter boys?

Mrs D
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

residential is just one night away. It is very well organised and the kids usually have a good time.

The thing I would stress is that they are all in the same boat - don't know anyone, in ds year they were from 88 different primary schools. That makes making friends much easier, as they are all making friends.

Marling uniform - it is listed on their website (although as I remember it is a bit hard to find)
black trousers and white shirts can be bought anywhere. The rest comes from Batemans, in Stroud. If you walk in, you can buy it all over the counter.
some pe kit needs names embroidered on it, Batemans do it, you just leave them there for a few days. They do get very busy so don't leave it too late.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now