Thank goodness for that!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

boris

Thank goodness for that!

Post by boris »

The wait is over at last and we have the words on a piece of paper (and an email - which doesn't seem enough somehow)!! I hope everybody else is as excited and pleased as we are - but I pity the poor teachers in school tomorrow dealing with all those who stayed up to see their offer!
Titanium

Re: Thank goodness for that!

Post by Titanium »

So relieved the wait is over! My son will be a very happy chap in the morning!
slackmum

Post by slackmum »

I haven't had an email do I need to log on somewhere? Last time I think I did but can't remember.
susiesue

Post by susiesue »

https://emsonline.gloucestershire.gov.u ... vc%2fIndex" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can log in via the above link. Info was there pretty much at midnight. Email came about an hour later.
DD3 got her first choice so over the moon!
authormum

Post by authormum »

So happy! My DD will be at Stroud High. She doesn't have any friends in the area, as we have just moved to Stroud, so if any other mums & DDs in that position, PM me if you fancy a meet up sometime.
CKMum

Post by CKMum »

Agreed - nice to have it in writing even though we were confident that DS would get his first choice school based on his results. Have accepted place already. :)

Congrats to all your DCs who have worked so hard this year. 8)

Two down - just one more to go through this next year... Good to have an few 11+ free months in the meantime :D
Watermelon8

Post by Watermelon8 »

Although the email was a formality it is nice to get that confirmation for Crypt :D ...now time to breathe a sigh of relief - until DS3 starts prep :roll:
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

question for you all - our email said we cannot accept by email, we must accept by letter? This may be because we are not glos, but applying for a glos school.
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

author mum - dd is also going to SHS and doesn't know anyone.

ds did the same 2 years ago, and our experience was that there are so many kids form so many different primaries, that they were all in the position of not really knowing anyone and being new. It made it much easier to make friends than if there had been a large core group moving up together from feeder schools.
authormum

Post by authormum »

steppemum wrote:author mum - dd is also going to SHS and doesn't know anyone.
Oh that's encouraging, thank you! Probably meet you eventually at the school gate then :)