Crypt Uniform

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ash14

Crypt Uniform

Post by ash14 »

Hello everyone.
I have looked though the threads but can see anything in regards to the Crypt uniform and what we need to buy..any help would be great thank you :)
DC17C

Re: Crypt Uniform

Post by DC17C »

Hi it took me a while to find it but tucked in the school policies page there is the home school agreement which includes uniform policy
You can get white shirts and grey or black throusers wherever you prefer -
Uniform items like the blazer and tie and pe kit are available form the school uniform shop. You should get a pack up from the school with all the information in and an order form for the blazer and other bits. I think we had to wait for a meeting in July before we knew which house DS would be in - and you need that information to be able to buy the right tie and I think the gym tops are in house colours as well.

http://www.cryptschool.org/school-policies/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.cryptschool.org/pdf/policies ... y-2015.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ash14

Post by ash14 »

Thank you! I did try looking but couldn't see it and didn't think to look there at all!
I will wait until we know what house he is in then and just get the other items slowly!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I often find that doing an Internet search on exactly what I am looking for on a school's website takes me to the place - which I'll swear wasn't visible from the relevant section just looking directly at the site, if you see what I mean :twisted: . DD's school site used to be particularly unhelpful (especially using my mobile); I am hoping that their new website will be better, once we all get used to using it :lol: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ash14

Post by ash14 »

I did try but it took me to the uniform shop with the form but not the full list!
Is this the new website or will there be a new one?
Jellyicecream

Post by Jellyicecream »

In previous years I think we were given some info on the laptop evening. I think we had the forms when we got all the contact forms, home school agreement etc. There were lots of forms!

I vaguely remember that we were given a time slot (depending where you are alphabetically), you go to the school, get measured up for blazer, pe kit, rugby top, apron etc. You can also purchase PE bag, boot bag if you wish. The embroidery lady was there too, (because some items were emboidered in child name using the house colour) she took the uniform from you to be embroidered and then phoned when it was ready to collect.

The blazer was huge! I don't even think ds will need a new one till Y10.

It might be completely different now but that was vaguely how I remember it two years ago.

Ds1 says most boys wear black trousers. He didn't want the grey shirts (although I like them) and only ever wears short sleeves and rarely wears a jumper except if it's really cold. We get trousers from next or tesco and shirts from anywhere.
Jellyicecream

Post by Jellyicecream »

Ash, I notice the letter says Wed 15th June, laptop evening and distribution of a comprehensive information pack with details of uniform etc.
ash14

Post by ash14 »

Thank you! My son is a small boy only just turned 11 but looks more 9 :( but he is on a residential trip the week of the meeting so he won’t be able to attend!
I’m sure once I receive the forms it will let me know- I think I’m just eager to have it all sorted after months of not knowing what we are doing!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

ash14 wrote:I did try but it took me to the uniform shop with the form but not the full list!
Is this the new website or will there be a new one?
Oops, sorry if I've confused the issue with my comment - I was referring to a school here in Southend...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

[quote="ash14"]Thank you! My son is a small boy only just turned 11 but looks more 9 :(

Don't worry. My ds is end-of-August born and small for his age. They grow up fast at senior school and soon seem "older". Crypt by all accounts is a fab school.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now