RHHS uniform.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
cazien

RHHS uniform.

Post by cazien »

We are now in the possession of the official list :shock: :lol: - would anyone recommend getting the jumper, Sports Track bottoms and Sports Fleece (or are they likely to stay in the back of the wardrobe :!: :roll: )? It only stipulates trainers so I guess there is no need for hockey boots?

Any advice appreciated as the credit card takes a hit :!:
DC17C

Re: RHHS uniform.

Post by DC17C »

It probably depends on your dd.....my dd wears her Ribston jumpers a lot of the time - and often supplements with a dark coloured hoody underneath her blazer in the colder months. She wears the track pants in the winter and also the fleece - she feels the cold - it depends on what they are doing I guess - trousers and fleece are great for outdoor games in the winter biut they wont get as much use as the top and skort. It might be worth leaving them until later in the year to spread the spending :D
tabbycat

Post by tabbycat »

My DD also wears the jumpers everyday and she only stopped wearing them when it got too hot about two weeks ago! DD also wears the fleece and the truck pants alot in the colder months especially if your DD likes sports and join the clubs (net ball, rounders etc etc) there will be a lot of match after school too so needs the warms. Ribston regularly hold their second hand uniform sale throughout the year and it is so cheap (blazer from £1.50, skirts and shirts 50p - £1 and also the sports gears and trainers really cheap) so I would just get the bear minimum from the shop. I would however recommend to buy a brand new blazer as the new one seems to be much better quality.
Lynne

Post by Lynne »

My daughter has only just stopped wearing her jumper this term. I also bought the fleece and tracksuit bottoms, but I did get them on the big size. If you live in Cheltenham, the skirts are cheaper at the School Shop on the High Street (they are the same as the Chosen Hill one's) and they have a discount normally at the beginning of July.
cazien

Post by cazien »

Thanks all advice appreciated :). DD's junior school allows round-neck fleece sweatshirts (which she hates) or cardigans which is what she wears. Hopefully she will be happy to wear a jumper as it will not be as "heavy" as a sweatshirt. She is sporty so we will definitely buy sports gear.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now