Results are out!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tricky123

Re: Results are out!

Post by Tricky123 »

We got Pates at 6.20
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

agree about the qualification gap.
Last year dd1 passed in top 150 for all 3 girls schools, and not in top 200 for Pates too.

I tutored my friend's dd this year and she has got top 150 for pates. She was very clever, in another league really.
warden

Post by warden »

Don't forget Pates probably has more out of area applications from very bright kids, than the other Gloucester grammars e.g. if you live elsewhere you might be prepared to travel/relocate for Pates but not for the others.
Zebrafrenzy74

Post by Zebrafrenzy74 »

I'm new to all this what does the ranking 182 for Marling mean please? I know DS hasn't got in but how far away was he for getting in?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Zebrafrenzy74 wrote:I'm new to all this what does the ranking 182 for Marling mean please? I know DS hasn't got in but how far away was he for getting in?
Firstly, nobody has got in to any school at the moment - all you have got is your child's placing in the entrance exam. For which, congratulations, by the way :) .

If you would like your DS to go to Marling, you now have to put the school on your CAF, the school preferences form which you submit to your local authority. You will be allocated a place at the school you have named which can offer a place and which you named furthest up your list, so if the school is your first choice, put it first.

Marling has 150 places to offer and you can be fairly certain that a significant number of the 181 above your DS chose to share results with other schools, will have been ranked similarly by then and will place one of them above Marling on their own CAF, so your DS should actually have a good chance of ding offered a place.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
PanickingNow

Post by PanickingNow »

Zebrafrenzy74 wrote:I'm new to all this what does the ranking 182 for Marling mean please? I know DS hasn't got in but how far away was he for getting in?
Yes I'd work on the basis that he is likely to get a place. I knew children last year who got in with a rank in the low 300s. My DS was ranked 194 and we are assuming he is going!
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

As has been said, don't assume that. If you are within PAN (which is the number of places available) you have a place. However, given that many parents share for all schools, even the ones they aren't really interested in, probably quite a significant number of that 150 will go elsewhere. There is very often a very large movement. You will see in the email the rankings Marling have gone down to in the past and I think it will probably be in the 300's? That means your son at 181 is in a very good position - you only need 31 boys to drop out and your ds will have a place. That really isn't very many at all. You can't be sure obviously but I would be quite confident. Ring the school at some point for a chat.
Zebrafrenzy74

Post by Zebrafrenzy74 »

It's so confusing cause the email said that he hasn't met the qualifying standard.

It says that he was 182 places below the last qualifying rank position for Marling.
cazien

Post by cazien »

If your DS has a ranking for Marling it means you can apply for a place. If he has not received a ranking you cannot.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now