Cheltenham to Stroud High

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Kismet

Cheltenham to Stroud High

Post by Kismet »

Hello all. I am looking into travel times to consider what are realistic options for DD. I got the impression that plenty of parents in Cheltenham were sharing results with Marling and Stroud High. Riding that wave I chose to share with SHS. I'm now trying to figure out what bus services run between Cheltenham and SHS, if any. I should really have done this before but didn't. Can anyone shed and light on travelling between Stroud

DS travels from Cheltenham to Tommies and has survived into year 8. He spends an extra hour and a half a day travelling compared to his friends at local comp, on the whole. In spite of this and although I have offered to transfer him to local comp, he is keen to stick with Tommies. (Phew)

I will look into the Bennets sites etc for travel times for DD from Cheltenham to Stroud High School but wondered if anyone would like to share their actual experiences of doing the journey on the school bus. Since DS will be older as a year 9 by then I will be more free to do late pick ups for DD when needed. I'm hoping DS might switch to the public bus next year as well so should need me less.
MedievalBabe

Re: Cheltenham to Stroud High

Post by MedievalBabe »

I do know of someone who travels from Cheltenham, Leckhamtpon, to SHS but I am to sure if she is on the 61 bus or a school bus but she gets back around 4.15pm.

Just to let you know both my DCs catch the public bus, one is at STR and the other is at HSFG and they have both been on the public bus since y7. Buses are frequent to Cheltenham at every 10 mins or so with the 94 and if you catch the 94u it doesn't go through Churchdown and it only takes 10 mins before they are back in Cheltenham. Also there are lots of boys on these buses both morning and night.
Kismet

Re: Cheltenham to Stroud High

Post by Kismet »

Thank you. I will look into that
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now